Thread: Emails about watched topics

nonnipoppy Guest

Emails about watched topics

It used to be that when I posted a message each time there was a response I would recieve an email. That no longer happens.

Yes I have checked to see if the correct selection was made in my settings

Always notify me of replies:
    Sends an email when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post

I have set it to no and the reset it to yes. Any ideas? poppy

southdeltan Guest
    Do you have a spam filter set up? Or, if you use an internet based email (like hotmail or yahoo) do you have a junk mail folder?

You might try checking in those (if you haven't already). I found that emails sometimes get flagged.

I can't recall what the email address for the ArkGeo website is - but over on MSGA I had it as admin@msga and the word "admin" is automatically flagged as spam by some filters. I changed it to something else.

Anyways, if they're in your junk folder, you should be able to mark the address as something that's not junk so you'll get it in your inbox.

----

If it's not there - I dunno what to say - there could be a variety of problems and LD would have to check that.

sd

I believe this stopped working when the site was hacked a few weeks ago. I haven't been gettiing any notifications since then, either. LongDogs knows about the problem, but may have just forgotten...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

nonnipoppy Guest
    Bump........ nothing has changed on this end the spam is dumped to the deleted items folder and I screen that to see if a problem exists.

Is there any movement forward on this ?

poppy

I just sent a message to Bert about this. I'm not sure he was even aware of the problem...
    View my profile

nonnipoppy Guest
    Thanks Gaddiel....poppy

nonnipoppy Guest
    Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Thanks to Gaddiel and Bert or Gaddiel or Bert or Gaddiel /Bert the reply notification is now working. ....poppy

Mine's working, too. It wasn't me that fixed it. Must have been Bert. Thanks, Bert!!!!
    View my profile