Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10-10-10 Geocaching Day

kcackler could you explain to us who are pretty limited on computer skills just exactly how to do this. I would really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jffok
    kcackler could you explain to us who are pretty limited on computer skills just exactly how to do this. I would really appreciate it.
    Sign it at geocaching.com
    Visit http://geocaching.com/account/editprofiledetails.aspx
    Then paste the code that I wrote in the above post
    Code:
    You can see the results on our profile: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid ... 03b6c7771c

I had planned to get out and find 1 cache after dinner tonight in order to meet the requirement for the souvenir but 3 new ones were published in the area. I just had to try for the FTF and ended up finding the last 2 in the dark but it was well worth it as these were in a really great place that I never knew existed. I thought geocaching around the Russellville area had shown me just about everything there was to see these last 7 years but again I was proven wrong by a couple of new cachers (the Cacklers and McNeelys) that led me to a wonderful new area. Just goes to show you that one of the best things about this sport is the places it will take you.

I'm really glad you liked the area. You should definitely go back during the day. The views from the top of the main (Martian) rock are great, but I imagine you could get some awesome shots of the pillar rocks as well (Not sure if you saw those tonight, but they are impressive). You can also go straight up the pillar rocks and you will be very very very high up and could probably get some good pictures there too. Hopefully some more cachers will head that way and get the trail overgrowth back down to a reasonable level soon. Congrats on all those FTFs

You are right, IRBH. It takes dedication, enthusiasm and a lot of energy and sleep deprivation to get the FTF's here. I was east of Oppelo when these were published, so I was lucky enough to be close to the two new ones on Harris Brake lake. I figured the Griswolds might try to nab this one before dark, but no one would dare venture up the trail to the other two with less than an hour of daylight left. Surely, the two Out of the Worlds would be safe until morning. It is now 0100 as I notate this one, and save for my 1.5-hour accidental nap this evening while putting my son to bed, I've been up 31 hours, with just 6.5 hours of sleep in the last 55 hours. Thank you thank you thank you for logging your find tonight, so that I can forget about setting my alarm clock for 0600. Obsessive? No doubt. Physically destructive? I vote yes. Mentally ill? Perhaps. One thing's for sure...this was an awesome day with a lot of good finds and new friendships, and I'm exhausted. Tonight I will slumber, and I will catch these three later. Can't wait to discover this strange new world that I never knew existed.

I did my part today. Was only going to grab one over in Oklahoma, but ended up getting 2 there, came back home and Pizzaboy2600 hadn't gotten one yet today, so we headed out to supper and got Ashallonds 10/10/10 cache. According to Geocaching.com on Facebook, the record has been smashed, with total numbers being finalized and posted tomorrow.
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

edieo Guest
    I can wait to check out this to area either I'll try to rember to bring a trash bag with .Captaincooder don't forgot to clear me a path ...lol..I did my part and grabbed a few caches with Miss Zoey my yougest grand baby at 23 months I am breaking her in early and she is learning fast . Here she is showing off her swag ...

10-10-10

Hope everyone went out and found at least 1 cache yesterday. I made a short run over in the edge of Ok. and picked up a few. No doubt in my mind we will break all the records for finds on this day.
    jim white

I wanted to do 10 for the 10-10-10 count. But will have to settle for 9 and one DNF. Like ORR posted. Also wanted to hit a milestone but I am 1 cache shy of that as well. Too bad about the DNF. But that is part of it.
    Had a great day caching though.

Ashallond Guest
    Went and snagged a clump in North Fort Smith I hadn't done, but couldn't get one because...there was a wedding going on at one of the sites.