Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon Trip to New Orleans

Ashallond Guest
    VIEW CARRE' (GCE02C)

This one is on my short list of to-do caches.

Honeymoon Trip to New Orleans

congrats. on the upcoming wedding. can't wait to read your postings from the trip{caching} not the honeymoon!LOLO. Can't wait till I get a chance to go down that way.
    jim white

After ww9 and MathSeeker went to New Orleans, all he could talk about was View Carre'! It sounds awesome.

geo-j was born in New Orleans, I haven't been since 1984 - year after we were married and the thing that impressed me was the enormous pile of parts left over when they had a crawfish boil one night. OH AND CAFE DU MONDE!!!! Gotta go there!!

edieo Guest
    Congratulation and may all your caching be great

photojunky Guest
    Congrats on the wedding, so proud for you two. Enjoy the trip and the caching

Thanks everyone so much! We love our extended geocaching family. Hope to meet all of you one day!

Pretty much got our trip caches planned out, 6 on the way down, including a quick cache in Texas in Texarkana and then about 30 in New Orleans and 6 on the way home including a quick run into Natchez to log one in Mississippi. Hoping to stop and get the hotel cache that's in Russelville I think as well.

I'm sure we'll have some good stories, and I messaged Bamboozle from View Carre and we should be meeting up with him next Monday afternoon. Wish I could make it my 200th, but I'm 43 away...we'll see. maybe some new caches will post in the river valley this week? hint hint. lol.

Thanks again everyone! Oh and where we're getting married at, we'll be leaving a special present next to the cache that's there that day. Most of you in the area have gotten it, but some haven't so...
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

Ashallond Guest
    I gots nothing. :P

Hotel in Russellville? Perhaps you're speaking of the Best Western in Clarksville?

BTW, have a great time and give a report back here when you return. I'm going to make my own bookmark list of "foreign" caches just in case I ever get to the four corners of the world.

We had a blast on our honeymoon. Sometimes I think I'm a little more crazy for cache than Pizzaboy2600 but he withstood it gallantly! I think we hit a total of 22 caches in Louisiana, including most of the French Quarter, and a good portion of the ones in City Park. Only hit 2 in Arkansas on the trip...Tha' Lighthouse on the way down and one in Dumas on the way back. We did the way back in one day and pairing that with a little caching made for a long day! Too tired to stop by the time we hit Clarksville. We were able to pick up one in the Texas part of Texarkana and a pretty cool Lookout Tower one in Mississippi. Also picked up one in one of my favorite places Transylvania!

View Carre in NOLA was amazing! And definitely should be on the must do list of any cacher! The view was fabulous and the stories told by our guide were wonderful as well.

There were two other honeymooning geocaching couples there while we were but did not meet them "on the trail". We did however meet some cachers from the Buffalo, NY area while taking notes for a virtual!

I would also highly recommend the Yo Mama cache in the Quarter, not for the cache but for the burgers at the cache location. Best darn burger ever, peanut butter and bacon!

It was neat getting to another state and seeing how they hid their urban caches...the only thing about NOLA is that most of the quarter smells like pee and vomit which made getting up close and personal with some cache locations not very pleasant at all!

We would also like to highly recommend the Olivier House Hotel to anyone going. Older furnishings, not cookie cutter and right up our alley!

This trip reallly made me wish virtuals were still allowed, had so much fun doing the virtuals down there (our first ones). And if anyone would like to see us in our wedding outfits. Take a gander at the "Soup On" cache by jdmhunter at Fort Chaffee. Haven't posted pics yet but will in a few days...waiting to log finds in the correct order.

And feel free anyone who is on facebook to send me a friend request. Kristie Boucher Moore is my "real name".

Mrs. Pizzaboy2600 aka Guwisti
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

Honeymoon Trip to New Orleans

Glad you managed to put together the event this month in V.B. Hope you remember to bring your pics. from the trip to share with the group. Looking forward to seeing everyone before the Holidays.
    jim white