Thread: Need GPS Help

DaTexanBoy Guest

Need GPS Help

I was wondering if anyone had a favorite brand of GPS that is real good for geocaching and also real good for other things (ie Hunting locations, Fishing locations).

I have looked at the Lowrance Out & Back and the Magellan geocaching one but not quite sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DaTexanBoy

All I've ever used is my Garmin GPSMap60csx. Its a great unit that is tried and true and extremely stable. There are so many new models out there and so many companies getting into (or back into) the handheld market. If you want to take a look at mine sometime let me know.

We've had a Garmin GPS Map 60CSX for several years and if we had to go buy a new GPS right now, we'd go get another 60CSX.

gingerose Guest
    I agree with the Garmin. I have a 60cx and would buy another.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    BSA, we will have to plan maybe a morning cache trip around Conway so I can see how it works, if you dont mind.

I was also looking at the Garmin 400 or 500 series. From what I can see Garmin is defnitely the way to go though.

DaTexanBoy

There are some caches around town I haven't found yet, so just let me know.

There is also a brand new garmin GPSMap62s that is getting a lot of buzz on the forums too.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    Sweet. Normally I get back in town around 6 from Little Rock during the week. I could always swing by the shop after work one day. Just let me know.

DaTexanBoy

Let me know if you guys go out caching around town. There are several new caches I have yet to find. I have the same GPS as BSA, and I also have an etrex you could check out if you want. Both are good units for sure.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I'll have to send y'all a message on geocaching and send my contact info in case y'all want to go out caching y'all can just give me a holler.