Thread: Tributes

Tributes

Yesterday, along with AR-HICK, we had a very moving experience as we traveled Highway 65 south. Beginning in Harrison, people were lined up alongside the road with American flags and signs in tribute to Bryn Raver, who died in Afghanistan. This went on for 30-40 miles ... at least to Marshall. There were groups at nearly every intersection, there were groups of young and old...there were people all alongside the road too...sometimes one person...sometimes two or three or more...sometimes a big group...sometimes just a line of flags as far as you could see...sometimes law enforcement. It was one of the most moving tributes we've ever seen and made us proud to live in Arkansas.

Tribute

Yes I agree that it is very moving to see people paying this honor to someone who has given his all for his country and for our freedom.

That must have been so moving to witness. Just reading your description of the tribute, brought tears to my eyes. Our thanks and gratitude to everyone who serves in some capacity for our country.

Yes, very moving, especially on 9/11. I spent about an hour or so of my 9/11 morning at the Oklahoma City Memorial. Another moving place to be.

"Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen