Thread: Delorme Map with GSAK Statistics Generator

Delorme Map with GSAK Statistics Generator

I've downloaded the FindStatGen3 macro to run on GSAK and have been playing around with it. I can get it to display my Arkansas finds on a state county map, but the Delorme map comes up blank (just shows the Delorme page grids, but no coloring to show the number of finds per page). Has anyone used this feature and how do you get it to show your finds on the Delorme map? I also downloaded a separate macro called MapDelorme and it runs fine. Any help would be appreciated.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Ashallond Guest
    Hmm, I use the MapDelorme for my delorme map...I wasn't aware that FindStatGen could do a delorme map by default. If you tell me how to turn it on, I'll work on it and figure out how it works. I know there's a macro called 'challenge' but i don't like that one as it just lists the grid with no picture.

After starting the FindStatGen macro, it goes through an initialization and then a screen opens up with a button for Options. On the Options page, select the button for Maps, and then select Arkansas and Arkansas Delorme. You may have to install the map data files from GSAK first (there's a button for that option). I believe that's all I did to get the maps to display. After you do that, run the macro.

On mine, the Arkansas map showing my finds by county comes up just fine, but the Arkansas map with the Delorme grids is blank (just a grid), as stated earlier. Maybe I need to set a user flag somewhere on my cache list? I don't have to when I run the macro called MapDelorme.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Ashallond Guest
    ok, will tinker on it this weekend and get back to you.

Edit:

ok, found the delorme map (nice) and then chose to edit map data.

Chose Arkansas Delorme, and in the bottom left corner, it says 'User4' for data source, I changed it to 'UserData' because that is what MapDelorme uses...and it worked fine. I might suggest darkening up the initial color as it's really really light.

You may want to update your data using MapDelorme before you run FindStatGen again just to be sure that that is the data field that your copy named it.

It worked! Thanks for the help Ashallond! -- ORR

Ashallond Guest
    Glad to help. and thanks for showing me how to get that map online.

I DID notice that if you add in some other caches, that you'll need to run the MapDelorme macro to get the delorme squares to update before you run GenStat. At one point last night, by cache counts weren't matching between county and delorme maps, and then I realized I was looking at two different data sources.