Thread: Ash's crazy day.

Ashallond Guest

Ash's crazy day.

I'm currently in Louisville, KY for a teacher conference that, that starts on Wednesday, and we had been near here for a while visiting the wife's family. A few days I've been given freedom to go add a few more states to my caching list.

Anyway, yesterday I accomplished the following:

1. Finished a pretty neat challenge cache, that now I have completed it, will bring a version of it to Arkansas, also it was cache #1300.

2. Found my 20th Earthcache, which made me earn my Platinum Earthcache Masters pin.

3. Found the 4th oldest cache in Indiana (Falls of the Ohio - GC55E)

4. Found the oldest cache in Kentucky (Tom Sawyer - GC39E) which is also the oldest cache I've found to date...I haven't made it up to Mountain Home yet.

Only got 47 caches all day, but hey, it's not always about the quantity.

Sounds like a wonderful day to me!

Hey Ash, Not sure how long you are staying in Louisville but I've got a sister that lives there and we always manage to do a little caching while we are there. Two of the neatest caches I've ever found are in Louisville. "Itty Bitty Railroad" GCC146 is a virtual. Its in this mans front yard and its a railroad that covers the entire yard. The trains are kept in his basement and they come out through the basement window when they are running. When we were there we were lucky enough to get to talk to the man and hear some of his stories. Think he's been working on it for about 17 years. The other one is " It was over there( and there) now its here" GC14V4T. Unfortunately that cache has been archived but I think it would still be worth a trip to see it. Its an old building facade that for years sat on the banks of the river. I think that is was moved once further down river from its original position and then a couple of years ago it was moved again to its present location. I think its been the subject of a cache by a couple of different people and I'm not sure why it was archived. Haven't been to Louisville in awhile so someone may have placed another cache there by another name. Its a really neat structure though and if you read back over the logs it will take you back to the first cache where a lot of the history of the structure is told.

Ashallond Guest
    I had been down by the railroad one like a day before you mentioned it. I'll have to save that one for the winter holiday visit.

But I did get a webcam and a virtual cache in between breaks at the conference.