Thread: I'm surprised with the number of local caches

arkadillo Guest

I'm surprised with the number of local caches

Now that I have started geocaching, it's like a whole new world has opened. It's hard to imagine that caches have been in places I've gone regularly for years and never knew about. Even my family cemetery in little ole' Louann, AR has one. (unfortunately, that was where I was going to place one if I was ever going to plant a cache myself, so that place is out!) There seem to be so many around LA that the area doesn't need my help. LOL

There will never be too many caches!!! Place away, we will find them!!! Short of just a few that have published in the last few days I have found all of them (or hid them) in Lower Arkansas so I have to drive to other areas to find them. We welcome your placements and if you need any assistance with containers-etc. please don't hesitate to ask. Once again welcome to the game!

Echo that. Poor AFM is out of caches! He's having to travel all over the state to find them. Wish I was down there more often, both to hide 'em and find 'em. Welcome aboard, arkadillo!

arkadillo Guest
    As I do this more and more, I'm getting some ideas on hiding spots. I'm going to make sure and put them right around a gaggle of muggles since every one that I have gone after has them around. It's like you guys put them in places on purpose just to make me look stupid walking around as my iPhone sends me all over creation! I think you cache hiders get great pleasure out of it! HA!

Quote Originally Posted by arkadillo
    As I do this more and more, I'm getting some ideas on hiding spots. I'm going to make sure and put them right around a gaggle of muggles since every one that I have gone after has them around. It's like you guys put them in places on purpose just to make me look stupid walking around as my iPhone sends me all over creation! I think you cache hiders get great pleasure out of it! HA!
    Would we do that?

Aha! I have the diagnosis to your dilemma. Pocket the iPhone when you get to ground zero. It is NOT a GPS receiver. Indispensible for information and calculations, and has done a great deal for our game by getting folks interested via the app, but get a real GPS receiver and you will be amazed!

Another bit of advice...there are some caches you can just straight up walk away from. I pull up to a business establishment in the daytime with everyone staring at me, I tip my hat, say "Good day" to them, and "Nope, not gonna do that one" to myself. Most of the time I end up going back eventually. There will always be next time, even for caches far away.

TinmanJones Guest
    I have found, that in those "high muggled areas", that grabbing them early on Sunday morning usually works best!
    I too am like Cooter, I will walk away from any I feel will lead to muggles finding them!
    I can always come back in the dark!

pshelto Guest

La caches

Typically Sunday mornings do work well except for this one cache in Camden that seems to have a monitor across the road from it. Welcome to the addiction. Like AFM, if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask.

You are right Blair. That one seems to have a monitor about 23 1/2 hours of the day. I wish I could sit on the porch and partake of my favorite beverage 23 1/2 hours of the day and talk on the cell phone the ENTIRE time. No I don't- I'm just kidding... I lost count after 10-15 times of driving by there and him sitting in that chair. I think I got lucky while he was taking a potty break and finally grabbed it!