Thread: Another Union County resident

arkadillo Guest

Another Union County resident

I just picked up on this hobby the past week or so and have had some entertainment with it. I'm not sure how hooked I will become with it, but did at least purchase the geocaching app on my iPhone. I have found 7 out of 9 caches I've looked for, all being micro in size. Three was here in my home town of El Dorado, one in Smackover, and three in Hot Springs.

I've gotten some fun out of it needless to say, though I did try to find the downed weather balloon in the Ouachita Forest this past weekend. Only thing I managed to find at those coordinates were chiggers, ticks, and thorns. That and a case of heat exhaustion. Guess I bit off more than I was ready for there. Being a distance runner, I figure I could handle the heat and conditions.

I look forward to finding more caches and maybe someday planting a few of my own in places near and dear to me. Maybe I will join up with other fellow geocachers as everything til now has been done solo.

This weekend I will make a trip to Malvern and will see what kind of caches I can find in that area. Looking forward to a new adventure!

GREAT! Another Union County Cacher!! I have been really impressed with the new names on logs of new cachers in this area, including yours. I also welcome you to ArkGeo as there are some great guys and galls in this organization. I welcome you to contact me if you have any cares, concerns or questions about any of my daughter's (2ter) caches or mine. Look for some new caches in the area in the coming weeks before our big end of summer event in Smackover, Fired Up For Geocaching 2010 (GC29GBZ). Once again welcome to the game/ sport/ addiction and if I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to ask.

arkfiremedic

TinmanJones Guest
    Welcome!

arkadillo Guest
    What is the Adventure Maze in Smackover about? I saw that in another thread in these forums and have never heard of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by arkadillo
    What is the Adventure Maze in Smackover about? I saw that in another thread in these forums and have never heard of it before.
    The Adventure Maze was at the Museum of Natural Resources (Oil and Brine Museum if that is what you call it like us) for a while but now it has moved to Pine Bluff. The geocaching number GC1QPDH is what it was in Smackover and the geocaching number GC26ERF is what it is now in Pine Bluff. It is scheduled to move around the state the next couple of years, but I believe Pine Bluff is as close to Union County as it will get again if you are wanting to visit it. If you are into 'icons' the Adventure Maze has a Signal the Frog Icon and that is the only type caches that you can get that particular icon from. Hope I answered your question.

arkadillo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkfiremedic
    Quote Originally Posted by arkadillo
    The Adventure Maze was at the Museum of Natural Resources (Oil and Brine Museum if that is what you call it like us) for a while but now it has moved to Pine Bluff. The geocaching number GC1QPDH is what it was in Smackover and the geocaching number GC26ERF is what it is now in Pine Bluff. It is scheduled to move around the state the next couple of years, but I believe Pine Bluff is as close to Union County as it will get again if you are wanting to visit it. If you are into 'icons' the Adventure Maze has a Signal the Frog Icon and that is the only type caches that you can get that particular icon from. Hope I answered your question.
    Thanks, you answered it perfectly.

Its suppose to go to Texarkana eventually, might be a year or 2 before it gets there though. Its worth a trip to check it out. We came from Conway to see it in Smackover.