Thread: Memorial Day

Memorial Day

Let us not forget what this day is all about. Remember our ancestors who have gone on before us and who contributed so much to the people we have become today. Remember those who gave their lives so that we may live free.

To all those who are currently serving or have served, "Thank You" just doesn't seem to cover it.

I'm indebted to you for keeping me and my family safe and for securing the freedoms that we enjoy every day. Please know that we are praying for you, that God may strengthen both you and your families with resolve to continue to do your job with excellence.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: One Nation under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all!

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

I just returned from a very moving funeral procession for a local fallen hero, Major Wayne Culver. His body was flown in from Dover and landed at the local airport. The procession took him through town and to the funeral home. He worked at a local company, Amercable, and his wife is my sister's boss. He was very well respected in the community and he will be missed by all, especially by his fourteen year old and sixteen year old children. His funeral is tomorrow in El Dorado.

I know others on here have family and friends they have lost in conflicts that has helped ensure the rest of our freedoms, and for that my family and I are eternally grateful. We must remember the day is more about those who gave all, than for many what it has turned in to- a three day weekend. Thank those also who continue to serve in all parts of the world.

Justin Murphree

I never served in the military and I am thankful for all those who served in the past and are serving now. A special thanks to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country free. Freedom is not free and let us never forget it.