Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSAK HELP!

TinmanJones Guest

GSAK HELP!

got a quick question about my "owned" caches, when I do a PQ. Seems that it gets my caches, that I own, even though when I do my PQ, I dont choose (mark the box) while constructing my PQ!

This is taking up caches space on my GPSr (60CSx) and I really dont care to see my owned caches, unless Im getting ready to hide a cache!

How do I remove my owned caches from the PQ, so that I can add more caches in?

Thanks for any help!

When you build your PQ select the box that says "I don't own". That should take care of the problem.

You can also use the filter function in GSAK to eliminate caches you've found as well as your owned caches in GSAK before sending them to your GPSr.

TinmanJones Guest
    thanks yall for the tips!

ive done a new PQ, but its not being sent to me for some reason now! the last one I did, which had "my hides" attatched to it, came instantly!

now that Ive checked the "i dont own" box, im not getting the PQ!

i must not be doing something right!

bsa, im not sure where or how to access the filter function in GSAK! ive looked all over, just not sure where to find it!

TinmanJones Guest
    tell me, in the area where I check the box "I do not own", "I havent found", etc, am I only allowed to check ONE box?

it seems like if I only check ONE of those boxes, my PQ is sent right to me, instantly!
    but if I check two or more of those boxes, the PQ doesnt work!

am I right?

the problem that Im seeing now, is that if I check the "I do not own" box, it filters out my hidden caches (which is exactly what I wanted), but NOW its adding my "found" caches in with all the other caches!

I dont want to see my hidden caches, nor my found caches!

I only want unfound caches in my gpsr! LOL

this is getting confusing to me!

Under the "Search" menu its the first option. You can set all kinds of options there and you can even save the filter settings for future use.

On the PQ problem. If you are using the new 1000 caches limit, they no longer email those, you have to go to a 2nd tab on the PQ page on the website and download them from there.

TinmanJones Guest
    I see BSA!
    I believe that worked!

Thanks!

Im gonna go check it all out now!

Again, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TinmanJones
    tell me, in the area where I check the box "I do not own", "I havent found", etc, am I only allowed to check ONE box?
    You can check as many of the boxes as you want but the three that I use are
    "I haven't found", "I don't own", and "Is Active"

That gets me only the caches that I have not found that are active and nothing else.

TinmanJones Guest
    hmmmm
    I'll try that IRBH!

just seems like it takes alot longer for the PQ to arrive in my email if I choose more than one box!

thanks for all the help!

73Rebel Guest
    I guess I am a little different with my PQs. For my local area one I do not check any of the boxes so I can pick up ones that have been disabled, archived or in some cases re-enabled. I use the filter option in GSAK to filter our my found caches as well as any archived or temporarily disabled ones. The GSAK filter is more powerful and easier to work.