Thread: trash at events

trash at events

After attending the great event this past weekend was curious as to why WE DID NOT SEPARATE THE RECYCLABLE MATERIALS. I know it is to late for that event but something to think about before the next one. You stop and think about all the alum. cans and plastic bottles that ended up in a landfill somewhere! " Fishigfool60
    jim white

Fishigfool, that is a great suggestion! I think you should be in charge of that next year. This can be accomplished by joining with the events commitee. They could always use a little help, because there is so much planning and execution that goes into one of these things. They could use someone with a willing mind and back. What do ya' say?!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

edit,edit,edit,edit,edit,edit,
    edit,edit,edit,edit,edit,edit
    ,edit,edit,edit,edit,edit,edit,
    edit,edit,edit,edit,edit,edit
    ,edit,edit,edit,edit,edit,edit,
    !!!! DUE to message !!!

From the ArkGeo 2010 Annual Event listing on geocaching.com:

8:00am-Registration begins. You can pick up your GeoBingo forms at this time as well as coordinates for the Cache Run and flag for the GPS Accuracy contest.

12:00 noon-Lunch-Association will provide the main course, soft drinks, and water. If anyone wants to bring a desert or side dish to share, that would be greatly appreciated.

1:30pm-General membership meeting to include awards presentations, introduction of newly elected board members, and some very special surprises.

3:00 pm-Group Hike to Cedar Falls.

7:00pm-Gather around the campfire for our Hot Dog Roast and Camp Out event.
    From the ArkGeo 2010 Cito -Petit Jean State Park listing on geocaching.com:
    Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. and we should conclude around noon. Trash bags will be provided, but gloves or other personal protective equipment is recommended.
    Fishingfool60, thanks for bringing that up. This is the first CITO I have ever had the chance to attend. I think it would be a great idea to separate and recycle.

Quote Originally Posted by paris1time
    From the ArkGeo 2010 Annual Event listing on geocaching.com:

8:00am-Registration begins. You can pick up your GeoBingo forms at this time as well as coordinates for the Cache Run and flag for the GPS Accuracy contest.

12:00 noon-Lunch-Association will provide the main course, soft drinks, and water. If anyone wants to bring a desert or side dish to share, that would be greatly appreciated.

1:30pm-General membership meeting to include awards presentations, introduction of newly elected board members, and some very special surprises.

3:00 pm-Group Hike to Cedar Falls.

7:00pm-Gather around the campfire for our Hot Dog Roast and Camp Out event.
    From the ArkGeo 2010 Cito -Petit Jean State Park listing on geocaching.com:
    [quote:3nsjvhvq]Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. and we should conclude around noon. Trash bags will be provided, but gloves or other personal protective equipment is recommended.
    Fishingfool60, thanks for bringing that up. This is the first CITO I have ever had the chance to attend. I think it would be a great idea to separate and recycle.[/quote:3nsjvhvq]I agree with David that the event schedule was posted and the events pretty much stayed on line with the schedule. I appreciate the efforts of those who planned the event, it went very well in my opinion. I second the nomination for Fishingfool60 for events committee and agree with the idea of recycling.

Re: trash at events

Quote Originally Posted by fishigfool60
    After attending the great event this past weekend was curious as to why WE DID NOT SEPARATE THE RECYCLABLE MATERIALS. I know it is to late for that event but something to think about before the next one. You stop and think about all the alum. cans and plastic bottles that ended up in a landfill somewhere! " Fishigfool60
    Quote Originally Posted by QuartzCachers
    Fishigfool, that is a great suggestion! I think you should be in charge of that next year. This can be accomplished by joining with the events commitee. They could always use a little help, because there is so much planning and execution that goes into one of these things. They could use someone with a willing mind and back. What do ya' say?!
    I was actually just about to post the list of volunteers who signed up at the annual event to the election committee for approval. So, Jim, if you would like to volunteer for a committee just say the word and I'll make it happen. And if anyone else out there would be willing to help out it would be greatly appreciated. None of the committees have real hard jobs. Most of the work is done on the forums or through email and is mainly just the sharing of ideas as we have seen here in this thread.

Thanks for your comments Jim and next year we will be sure to recycle.

Re: trash at events

Quote Originally Posted by fishigfool60
    Quote Originally Posted by QuartzCachers
    I was actually just about to post the list of volunteers who signed up at the annual event to the election committee for approval. So, Jim, if you would like to volunteer for a committee just say the word and I'll make it happen.

And if anyone else out there would be willing to help out it would be greatly appreciated. None of the committees have real hard jobs. Most of the work is done on the forums or through email and is mainly just the sharing of ideas as we have seen here in this thread.

Thanks for your comments Jim and next year we will be sure to recycle.