Thread: Election 2010 !!!

Election 2010 !!!

The Board would like to present the candidates for Election 2010. Voting will open May 1 and continue through May 30. We will have 3 positions open, therefore, each voting member will have a total of 3 votes. Each candidate was asked to fill out a questionnaire about their views.

Please read their answers carefully and get to know your potential new board members in order to make informed decisions.

Candidates:
    David Cope ~ Grizz51
    Brian Landers ~ geojeepers
    Ron Laster ~ rkl of rklmbl
    Tim Stone ~ BSA543
    Holly Thorwarth ~ gingerose
    Judy Vaughn ~ MathSeeker

David Cope - Grizz51 from Helena, Arkansas
    Caching since May 29, 2006
    Member of ArkGeo since Dec. 29, 2006
    Vision for ArkGeo: "To grow and better serve all the new and present
    Geocachers in Arkansas."
    One thing he would like to accomplish as a Board Member: "I would like to
    get representation on the Board from all corners of the state."
    Why do you want to serve on the Board? "I am retiring in July and would like
    to give something back to an organization that has helped me to be a better
    geocacher."

Brian Landers - geojeepers from Searcy, Arkansas
    Caching since April 3, 2004
    Member of ArkGeo since October 21, 2007
    Vision for ArkGeo: "To grow our membership and expand. I think we
    should get exposure in the general public, and let people find out about
    geocaching THRU ARKGEO, not just find ARKGEO thru geocaching."
    One thing he would like to accomplish as a Board Member: "I would like to
    see the ACTIVE membership double."
    Why do you want to serve on the Board? "Because this organization is only
    as good as it's volunteers. We should all take a turn with the responsibility, this brings new ideas! Plus it’s not fair that the same members have to keep stepping up while the rest stand by."

Ron Laster - rkl of rklmbl from Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
    Caching since October 7, 2004
    Member of ArkGeo since December 31, 2004
    Vision for ArkGeo: "Increase membership's participation and make the general public aware of the potential fun of geocaching."
    One thing he would like to accomplish as a Board Member: "Issue another Arkansas geocoin."
    Why do you want to serve on the Board? "To bring my geocaching and organizational experience and that of traveling to other states and events to the board."

Tim Stone - BSA534 from Conway, Arkansas
    Caching since September 3, 2007
    Member of ArkGeo since September 12, 2007
    Vision for ArkGeo: "To continue to promote geocaching throughout the state and region turning muggles into cachers whenever possible."
    One thing he would like to accomplish as a Board Member: "Work with federal, state and local officials to develop a good working
    relationship and to help them understand and appreciate geocachers better."
    Why do you want to serve on the Board? "I want to do what I can to help promote geocaching. I think that theArkGeo Board does a great job and I'd really like to use my talentsand knowledge to help them do more."

Holly Thorwarth - gingerose from Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Caching since June, 2008
    Member of ArkGeo since June, 2008
    Vision for ArkGeo: "I feel that Arkgeo should promote geocaching as something for everyone by providing support for the cacher, education for the community, and growth throughout the entire state."
    One thing she would like to accomplish as a Board Member: "To promote all that Arkansas offers as it relates to geocaching. This could possibly encompass creating a "must do" cache list for different areas around the state for the ArkGeo website, working with different agencies such a tourism, or developing a plan of action to bring a mega event in Arkansas. These are just a few of my many ideas."
    Why do you want to serve on the Board? "I believe that ArkGeo is at a pivotal place with all the growth and changes that have occurred in geocaching over the past year. I think that I have a lot to offer and this is just one of many ways that I can give back to a hobby that I find intriguing. Above all, I am committed and want to have a leadership role with all the possibilities that are coming about statewide. If given the opportunity, I will serve the Arkansas geocaching community to the best of my abilities. I also feel that for a state-wide organization to be most effective there needs to be a good cross-section of members (geographical, gender, experiences and such) on its board."

Judy Vaughn - MathSeeker from Jacksonville, Arkansas
    Member of geocaching.com since March 14, 2008, first cache found March 23, 2008
    Member of ArkGeo since February 9, 2009
    Vision for ArkGeo: "To see ArkGeo grow in ACTIVE membership."
    One thing she would like to accomplish as a Board member: "I would like to see ArkGeo members become involved in the spread of geocaching across our state."
    Why do you want to serve on the Board? "I have learned a lot through ArkGeo, and now it is time for me to give back to ArkGeo. I am willing to serve where needed to promote geocaching in Arkansas."

[/b]

Could someone more knowledgeable than me verify this list for those that may not currently know who is on our current administration.

Board of Directors:

Beth Daniel (topkitty9 - July 1, 2010
    Bert Drake (LongDogs) - July 1, 2010
    Pat Vaughn (woodwalker9) - July 1, 2010
    Jerry Turner (cachemates) - July 1, 2010
    Frank Philpott (OldRiverRunner) - July 1, 2010
    David Spicer - (paris1time) - July 1, 2011
    Mike Pinkston - (Team_Pink) - July 1, 2011
    Mike Beavers - (AR-HICK) - July 1, 2012
    Richard Lee - (idratherbehiking) - July 1, 2012

Executive Committee:

President: Pat Vaughn (woodwalker9)
    Executive Vice-President: David Spicer (paris1time)
    Treasurer: Beth Daniel (topkitty9
    Secretary: Jerry Turner (cachemates)
    Website Manager: Bert Drake (LongDogs)

Okay -

The following Board members will be rotating off the Board due to their terms being up or resigning from the Board:
    Jerry Turner
    Mike Beavers
    Frank Philpott

Officers for the coming term are:
    Outgoing President - Pat Vaughn
    President - David Spicer
    Executive Vice-President - Richard Lee
    Secretary/Treasurer - Beth Daniel
    Website Manager - Bert Drake
    Mike Pinkston has one more year on the Board, but did not want to serve in an office for the coming year.

Three new members will be elected in May.

Minutes from last Friday's board meeting should be posted within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by jclaudii
    Could someone more knowledgeable than me verify this list for those that may not currently know who is on our current administration.
    I would also add, for those who may not know, the current staff can always be found in the "Content" section of this web site.

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

yea that section took me a bit to find. But I was not sure how accurate it was.

TopKitty posted a note on this thread on April 21 that the minutes from the April 16 ArkGeo Board meeting would be posted in a week. We cannot seem to find them. Can someone point us to the correct forum posting?