Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust-Offs

RuffRidr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicangel
    Out of those:
    I picked up the cache this morning. Not much activity lately. The local trend of micro caches that the family sedan can drive to and 'Easter Egg hunt' has killed the sport in my opinion. Hiking and scenery has been replaced with adults searching for a film canister in a parking lot. How sad.
    Hiking in the forest is no longer an option.
    Saw two deer on the way to the cache.
    That is sad indeed. While I do like an intriguing micro, I much prefer caches that include a hike. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

--RuffRidr

rock_hound Guest
    The local trend of micro caches that the family sedan can drive to and 'Easter Egg hunt' has killed the sport in my opinion. Hiking and scenery has been replaced with adults searching for a film canister in a parking lot. How sad.
    I am going to have to disagree with you on that one. I really enjoy a challengeing or creatively hidden micro. It seems to me like there are plenty of caches in hiking areas. I would place more of these type, but it would be difficult for me to do maintenance, since the forest land is so far away. I suspect that is the reason there are not more hiking type caches.

demonicangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_hound
    The local trend of micro caches that the family sedan can drive to and 'Easter Egg hunt' has killed the sport in my opinion. Hiking and scenery has been replaced with adults searching for a film canister in a parking lot. How sad.
    I am going to have to disagree with you on that one. I really enjoy a challengeing or creatively hidden micro. It seems to me like there are plenty of caches in hiking areas. I would place more of these type, but it would be difficult for me to do maintenance, since the forest land is so far away. I suspect that is the reason there are not more hiking type caches.
    Oh, that's NOT my point of view... that's just what was written in the log by a cache owner who disabled one of his caches that was pretty far out because this is how he felt.

Personally, I like them both. There are times I enjoy hitting as many "town" caches as I can possibly get in a day, and then there are other days I want to get out in the woods and I may only score one find. But that's ok too cause I'm out there because I want to be. It just depends on my mood.

But apparently some people see it differently. And I'm sad to say that that seems to be the opinion of the owner of Moccasin Gap.

demonicangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffRidr
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicangel
    Out of those:
    I picked up the cache this morning. Not much activity lately. The local trend of micro caches that the family sedan can drive to and 'Easter Egg hunt' has killed the sport in my opinion. Hiking and scenery has been replaced with adults searching for a film canister in a parking lot. How sad.
    That is sad indeed. While I do like an intriguing micro, I much prefer caches that include a hike. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

--RuffRidr
    I enjoy seeing both types... so I would hate to see either of them become extinct.

thenaturenurd Guest

Infamous Travel Bug Prison

When y'all head to the infamous travel bug prison let me know. Thats 4 miles from my house. I have been meaning to go but would rather go with more than just myself.

Craig

rock_hound Guest
    Oh, that's NOT my point of view... that's just what was written in the log by a cache owner who disabled one of his caches that was pretty far out because this is how he felt.
    I see that now, when I read your post again

RuffRidr Guest
    OK, I just reran this query again. Arkansas now requires 3 pocket queries to get every cache in the state. Wow! Keep those caches coming.

Without further ado, here are the top 10 dust-offs:

1. Lost in the Dark Last Found: 2/4/2004
    2. Pack Rat Falls Last Found: 4/4/2004
    3. Pam's Grotto Falls Last Found: 4/10/2004
    4. Blow Out Bluff Last Found: 4/16/2004
    5. OHT # 2 - Railroad Bed Last Found: 4/20/2004
    6. Forever Falls Cache Last Found: 5/2/2004
    7. George at the Lake Last Found: 5/9/2004
    8. Big Black Bertha Last Found: 5/29/2004
    9. Arkansas River Tall Oak Cache Last Found: 6/12/2004
    10. White Oak Mountain Overlook Last Found: 6/20/2004

Disclaimer: I didn't include caches that are currently disabled.

Out of the previous top 10, 1 dropped because it is currently disabled. 1 dropped because it was archived (removed due to lack of visits). And 2 dropped because they were recently found. Let's see if we can get some more of these caches off of the list. I'd hate to see any more caches go away due to lack of interest.

--RuffRidr