Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caches on the Delta Heritage Hiking Trail State Park

grzz51 Guest

Caches on the Delta Heritage Hiking Trail State Park

For your information: If you were going to place a cache on the Delta Heritage Hiking Trail..... you're too late. I opened my e-mail this afternoon and had 115... yes, I said 115..... new notifications for caches on the trail. BackPackinJack has got caches on the entire 14 miles of trail that is now finished.
    Mz Grzz and I went out and found 5 of them late this evening just before dark, but there will be plenty to be a FTF on. Guess I know where I'll be caching for a while.

astrodav Guest
    Those show to be 528 feet apart also. Seems like those of us who do Power Trails were given an "additional guideline" a couple months back stating that they had to be 1/4 mile apart, AND that only 5 could be published in one day.

This is most definitely a power trail & meets neither of those requirements given to the rest of us. So it seems we can safely assume those additional guidelines have been rescinded? An e-mail to those of us who received the initial e-mail about the new restrictions, stating that tey no longer applied, would have been a very nice thing to do.

Or has an exception been made just to certain individuals?

And since it appears at least 2 of the main restrictions of that additional guideline have been made non-binding, can we assume that ALL of it has, including the part about 1 person only being allowed 1 trail very 6 months?

Looks like this little project can be safely canceled now also:

http://arkgeocaching.org/modules.php?na ... 141d946abe

It's a nice trail that he made & I'm looking forward to working it some day. But this also raises a great many questions about exactly HOW it got approved, when SEVERAL of us had restrictions upon our placements which would have prevented us from doing this same thing.

Personally, I believe an explanation is in order here.

Not to change the subject on Astrodav's posting and questions, but TinmanJones and I are trying to get a trip together for Friday/Saturday to bike the trail and try to complete it if anyone is interested.

grzz51 Guest
    Don't run over Mz Grzz and me, we will still be hiking and caching

Better look out Grizz for the four crazy cachers on bicycles goin' for 200 tomorrow.

grzz51 Guest
    Was that a WHOOOOOSSH that just went by Mz Grzz and me???

Quote Originally Posted by grzz51
    Was that a WHOOOOOSSH that just went by Mz Grzz and me???
    Yep, left you plenty of FTFs as well. We had 18 DNFs on the day and 71 smileys. Couldn't get anymore as we were all exhausted. We figure we peddled some 24 miles and that was enough. Especially when we got to the area where Mz Grzz and you had already been. All in all we had a great day.

grzz51 Guest
    I recall a story about the Tortoise and the Hare....... :P

TinmanJones Guest
    That was two days ago and Im still exhausted and by backside hasnt hurt this much since my paddlins in elementary school!
    They should REALLY make bike seats "tail" friendly! just sayin!

Mackheath Guest
    I spent two days last week hiking this trail hunting caches. I managed to find 77 out of the 114. Leaves me 37 for a future trip (when it is much cooler).