Thread: 10 Year Icon "Requirements" ??

astrodav Guest

10 Year Icon "Requirements" ??

I noticed on the Hot Springs 10-year event, GingerRose said something about taking a picture to fulfill some type of requirements for a 10-year icon.

I posted an inquiry about that in my Will Attend log there, but sometimes those type questions never get answered on the cache-page itself. I have heard RUMOURS about a special 10-year icon. I HAVEN'T heard the same about any requirements you have to meet in order to be eligible. If there is some, I don't want to miss out on them. Another 10 years is a long time to wait.

Anyone know anything about this? Surely GR does, since she mentioned it. Have a linkie I can look at? Thanks.

gingerose Guest
    You know, we could have some fun here and make up a few requirements to bug certain cachers.
    OR
    We could tell people that they are "top secret" that only the people hosting the events get the list early so that they can prepare. All others will find out when they are attending the event and it is tooOOOooooo late.
    BUT
    Since I am sooooOOooooo nice. They are nothing big and located in a place that most would never think to look. (www.geocaching.com) Just follow a link on the first page.

astrodav Guest
    Oh, that's strictly for the HOST of the event .... or at least a representative .... in order to make it an official 10-year event. The way I was reading your log over there, I thought you were implying that ALL attendees had to do something special (like take a picture) in order to get the 10-year icon.

I knew I had never heard of any requirements like that, other than simply attending a 10-year event. That's because there AREN'T any.

So one could go to Russellville for the day then drive down to Hot Springs and get 2 10 Year icons in one day.... hmmmmmm

gingerose Guest
    Not quite BSA but close... Russellville's event in on Saturday and Hot Spring's event is on Sunday. So you could get 2 of the 10 year icons in one weekend. This is the only weekend that you can get it from my understanding.

Both the Russelville and Hot Springs Event now have the 10 Years icon on them. So if you weren't already planning to come you better make your plans now because this will be your only chance to get these icons on your profile. Hope to see everyone in Russellville on Saturday. I won't be able to make the Sunday Event due to work so you guys have a great time.

pshelto Guest

10 year event

Any special coins out for this momentous occasion?