Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the site......requesting some help.

Ashallond Guest
    They were posted on the regional forum on the main forums for geocaching.com

I don't remember the link, else I would link it here.

Could this all be a hoax? Has anyone confirmed the validity of the request? Or was it confirmed on the Geocaching.com Forums?
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

HEREis a link to the forum posting on the GC.com forums. And ANOTHER LINKwith more info.

If you notice on the info page it shows that the coordinates was "the last recorded GPS transmission from ~ 2,000 feet. Land level is ~ 700 feet above sea level." That means it was still 1300 feet above the ground at that point so it must have traveled quite a bit further before coming down. If we knew the correct altitude,latitude, and longitude of where it began it's descent we may be able to figure approximately where it came down. But looking at the provided info it could be anywhere from the spot given to somewhere around Perryville or even as far as Conway. Having been in that area a few times I can tell you it is some pretty rugged country with very few roads and lots of thick woods of mostly pines.

It could be a while before anyone locates that thing.

grzz51 Guest
    Let's see now, I had several caches approved on the same day last week........ Looks like Chuck Walla has some time on his hands soooooooo..since he knows the state like the back of his hand............... Frank?????........