Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the site......requesting some help.

animaltx Guest

New to the site......requesting some help.

Hello,

I am new to joining the forum/site. I have been a long time fan of geocaching, and have found my fair share of caches in the past.

Recently, I have also entered the hobby of high altitude ballooning. We launched a 1000g weather balloon on 4/24/2010 in North Texas and it ended up in northern Arkansas. It traveled over 4x the calculated distance.

I am writing to request your help, and permission to utilize, the geocaching community. With combined efforts to help locate our lost payload from our High Altitude Balloon project. We are offering a reward to whomever finds it.

We will not post any further details without admin or Mod permission.

Regards,

David Jones

Ashallond Guest
    Hope you find your payload.

Sounds like a FTF to me....Give us some coords!

photojunky Guest
    Would this be considered a new kind of cache? Hmmm, FTF on a First of Kind. Hehe. I agree, send some coords and info.

Mods, please send the guy a note so we can get more info?

You have the permission of the ArkGeo Board to post further details on this. It looks as if this will generate some interest. In the future if you need any help don't hesitate to ask. Thank you!!!

0k lets get new Batteries into gps and i will be ready to help lo0k

arkadillo Guest
    Well, I did my best Saturday. I went straight to the coordinates and spent about two hours fanning out in different directions, especially NE since that was the direction of drift. Two hours of nothing. There were no signs of a balloon, parachute, orange painted styrofoam box, cords, nada. I'm guess one of two things. Either someone already picked the whole lot up, or it drifted much farther than anyone thought. It was a fun and challenging adventure that cost me money and time, yet all I got in return was chiggers, ticks, thorns, and heat exhaustion. LOL

Oh well, I'd do it again if I had the chance. I'd just use MORE bug spray and drink more water.

Where was the coords posted?

grzz51 Guest
    Yeah, I'd like to know what they are too.........