Thread: Geocaching articles

sancho Guest

Geocaching articles

Hello all,

I am currently working on a paper for my outdoor recreation class at UAF on geocaching of all things I'm asking/begging for some assistance on any articles you may have came across concerning geocaching. I'm looking for anything from magazines, newspapers, books (worth a try), or any other source that may address geocaching. These can be Arkansas, national or even world articles (English please).

Thanks for any assistance
    Sancho

Hey Sancho,

We've been wondering why we haven't seen any of your log entries lately. What are you doing way up there?

This was in the Washington Times last weekend.
    http://washingtontimes.com/weekend/2...4838-9975r.htm
    There was also an article in Parade magazine that comes with the Sunday paper.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

southdeltan Guest
    Try using Google. Specifically: Http://news.google.com

I'd also do a search for Geocacher-U. They have some information.

There are quite a few books out there now, including The complete Idiot's guide to Geocaching - which is co-written by the staff at GC.com

southdeltan

Don't forget about the AR Democrat-Gazette article. It can be found in the "Downloads" section on this site. I also have a great article written by Criminal from the GC.com forums. If you would like a copy, just email me using the link below.

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Sancho look at http://www.tri-stategeocachers.com I have found alot of articles and put them there.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

sancho Guest
    Hey thanks for the info, I will try and post a copy of whatever it is “not sure of the exact direction of my report” when completed.

To The_Griswolds and everyone else curios I’m in Fairbanks Alaska, because of the great weather. http://climate.gi.alaska.edu/ : )
    This week being the 20’s felt nice compared to last weeks -20’s. I can’t wait till winter arrives. Also the snow has ended it snowed everyday for 20+ days strait (not continuously) then took two days off now it’s only been 4 days of snow. Luckily there is a school designated sled hill between classes.

Actually I’ve always wanted to go to Alaska, so hey why not go while you can. I’m a Natural Resource Management Major at University of Alaska Fairbanks UAF. I can potentially graduate in a 3 semesters but I’m looking to make it 4 or 5 as Alaska Rocks. Caching is definitely interesting around here. Currently I’m not doing much but have learned. You can’t night cache in summer and finding a cache under snow is difficult. Add in sub zero temps and you will know why not to use pens or metal containers.

Sancho

nonnipoppy Guest
    Hey Sancho,

It is good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

BTW we have a T/B Algernon running around in Alaska somewhere. WE will miss you at the meet and greet in Jan.

good luck,

poppy