Thread: 4th Annual Celebrate Summer Event.

lacey38655 Guest

4th Annual Celebrate Summer Event.

Well boys and girls the 4th Annual Celebrate Summer Event listing has been published. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...8-ba1010ab7e12

GC2438E

When: July 30th thru Aug 1st
    Where: Tishomingo State Park, Tishomnigo, MS

We are really wanting to make this year bigger then the previous years, so make plans to come to attend the whole weekend.

We are in the process of getting an event opened for Friday night, pre-event before the big event. We will also have a Sunday event of some sort, again working on the details.

Go ahead and post, your attendance, maybe, possibly, yes, no, etc.

If you are on facebook we are on there as well!

Remember this is the ONLY event where the Southern geocaching organizations come together for a weekend of geocaching, eat and greet.

If you are interested in volunteering please email me at lacey38655@yahoo.com

flannelman Guest
    This looks like a lot of fun and my family and I are thinking about making the trek. It would be a long trip for us but hopefully we can make it.

photojunky Guest
    I will try to make this one as well, looks like alot of fun. Hope to have cliffmonkey with me as well.

SniperChicken Guest
    I know it's a bit of a drive but i'm glad of few of you from Arkansas are planning on making it over to the 2010 Celebrate Summer Event. There is canoeing and rock climbing available for the more adventuresome : )
    Numerous scenic hiking trails and a wide assortment of caches will be available. We plan on having a few more placed before the Event. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.
    Happy Trails
    SniperChicken (Scott Bishop)

lacey38655 Guest
    I just wanted to let everyone know that you still have time to come out camp, and visit with us at the 4th annual celebrate summer event.

Bring the kids, bring the non caching wife, even bring the parents. You are not going to want to miss out on the fun!

Note: There are no cabins left to rent, all 6 have been booked by event attendees.

We have a friday night event GC2ADC9 being hosted by Blake and Nettie. I hear there is even going to be some birthday cache (cake) for a fellow cacher.

I would like to ask if anyone has any left over door prizes or a special unique extravagant trade item they would like to donate, PM me and I will send you my address, we are in need of some things to give away as door prizes.

Last year's ammo can decorating contest was a huge hit, so we will do that again. Bring an ammo can decorated in any fashion.

Lets see, if you have a pair of walkie talkies/ 2 way radios bring those as well, they are very helpful with so many kids at the event.

If you have any questions feel free to PM, message, snail mail, email, call me.

I look forward to seeing you there!!!

lacey38655 Guest
    Just wanted to let everyone know that we have several well known Geocaching reviewers that will be in attendance at the event. So if you have not had a chance to meet your local reviewer, now is the time to come out to say Hi.

We have all of the cabins booked up, but still have a lot of campsites available.

We will have a friday night event for everyone with cake, marshmallows and geo stories in abundance.

If you have not posted your attendance on geocaching.com, please do so as soon as possible, so that I can make your custom name badge that is part of the mystery bonus cache.

Lets see, bring a friend, kids, parents, dogs, etc along because you are not going to want to sit at home on this weekend. Hanging out with your geo-friends is a lot funner then watching ole' tv, now go set the DVR's and log onto geocaching.com and post YES I AM ON MY WAY!

We look forward to seeing you there.