Thread: Thorny Topic

photojunky Guest

Thorny Topic

I don't want to be guilty of being accused of picking up a coin and holding on to it forever, so I have a question for ya. I picked up a coin that the person wants to be dropped in the thorniest place possible. I know that I only have a few finds, but the masters out there have seen more then their share of hard to get to caches. Fill me in on where would be the best cache to drop this coin in. Remember, I am north of Clinton, so LA or L.A. is not a quick trip for me, but not out of the question. Thanks in advance.

Re: Thorny Topic

Quote Originally Posted by photojunky
    I don't want to be guilty of being accused of picking up a coin and holding on to it forever, so I have a question for ya. I picked up a coin that the person wants to be dropped in the thorniest place possible. I know that I only have a few finds, but the masters out there have seen more then their share of hard to get to caches. Fill me in on where would be the best cache to drop this coin in. Remember, I am north of Clinton, so LA or L.A. is not a quick trip for me, but not out of the question. Thanks in advance.
    I was quietly thinking to myself before you gave the L.A. props that I had the perfect place for it- We hid one the other day near a tree with the largest thorns I had ever seen. Some were about four inches long and those had large offshoot thorns as well. Haha- its just a baby soda bottle though and hardly worth your drive to L.A.-

Hey photojunky, I have a cache near Jessieville that is called "Every Cache Has its Thorns" GC1T8B7. It was named that for a reason too.
    I also have a cache called "Parking Lot" GC1KTWM, that maybe SHOULD have been called that. I get a lot of logs on it about donating DNA. It is between Hot Springs and Malvern. Either of these would hold a small bug or a coin.
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

astrodav Guest
    That first one by QC, you have to approach at just the right angle, or you're screwed. I know, I've retrieved it twice already. Somehow I got suckered into it that second time by Ashallond, on our recent 100+ run.

I think he was actually laughing as I was grabbing branches, throwing them back to the North, yelling at them, "GET OFF ME!!". I would have came away in much better shape by just gently pushing them away .... but self-presevation isn't one of my strong points & my severe Type-A Compulsive personality usually means I do stuff without thinking about the consequences until after I've already committed.

But I can proudly say that theirs at least a dozen thorns there which I managed to inflict some damage to also. I didn't come out of the fight unscathed .... but neither did the thorns.

Ashallond Guest
    i don't seem to remember that cache exactly that way...but sure, we'll go with that. I do remember the thorny cache though.

astrodav Guest
    Maybe that one was the one with all the briars or blackberries or whatever those sticky things were. That one might be a good choice too, since they both hurt.