Thread: Ashallond is going to be on TV (well, sort of)

Ashallond Guest

Ashallond is going to be on TV (well, sort of)

Some of you know that I am a teacher, and less than that know that I also coach my school's quiz bowl team.

Last saturday, we made it through our state tournament, and made it to the state finals. State finals for Quiz Bowl are done like football, or basketball, or many of the spring sports in Arkansas....you play the tournament, and then play the title match in a festival with all the other classification title matches.

So if you want to see what I do in my day job, tune on to AETN on April 24th sometime around 3:30-4:00 pm and look for the Fort Smith Southside coach during the live telecast.

That'd be me.

Congratulations to you and your students. We know this involves a lot of hard work and time. Good luck in the State finals.

Congrats! That is cool. I remember being on the quiz bowl team when I was in high school and loved it. I want to wish you and your team good luck! Maybe there will be a geocaching question!

Ashallond Guest
    As cool as that would be, the chances of there being a geocaching question is slim to none. I know who wrote the questions, and yeah, none of them geocache.

Ashallond Guest
    Thought I'd bump this to remind everyone to watch on Saturday.

Friday we are going down to AETN to do "pre-production" so we know where to stand/sit, how it will work.

Whee. Kids are mostly excited about getting out of school for a day. One kid (who's an all-state goalie) is trying to negotiate a later return time so she can get out of practice.

Ashallond Guest
    FS Southside 295, LR Central 260

farmnurse Guest
    Congrats tell your team they did a great job