Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT - New Monthly Contest - Starting Feb. 1st, 2010

ANNOUNCEMENT - New Monthly Contest - Starting Feb. 1st, 2010

The Arkansas Geocachers Association is proud and excited to announce a new monthly contest that will launch on February 1st, 2010.

The contest is called “The Caching To Do List”.

On the 1st of each month “The Caching To Do List” will be published in a thread under the Arkansas Geocachers Association Section of the forum. “The Caching To Do List” will be a list requirements that are fulfilled by either finding and/or hiding caches. The list will be compiled by the ArkGeo Community Relations Committee along with suggestions from the membership.

Here is a short example of some requirements that might be on the list:

1. Find five caches that have a difficulty rating of 2 and a terrain rating of 1 ½.
    2. Find a “Virtual Cache”
    3. Find a cache that has not been found and/or logged in the last 30 days.

Again, this is only an example. The list will have a variety of requirements that along with your suggestions will change every month.

The winner of the contest will be the first cacher to post either a list of or a bookmark list of the finds/hides in the same thread as the announced list for the month that are reviewed and verified by the Judges.

And there will be a prize for the winner too!!!

A complete list of the rules will be published in the forum also, so stay tuned.

Good luck and Happy caching!

This is awesome! I can't wait to try it! Good job guys and gals!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

edieo Guest
    Sounds like alot of fun ,,Count me in..

bluesybreeze Guest
    Sounds like fun! I will NEVER be able to win, but it does sound interesting and the challenge would be fun to do whether you are in the contest or not. Good work!

pshelto Guest

contest

Well I am not really into these competitions and such. FTF rushes and numbers aren't really my thing; I just like nice casual caching without all the extra hoopla and such. It just cramps my easy going style really. So with all that being said...

BRING IT ON!!!

I look forward to trying these things out (even though I don't expect to win, I like the challenge).

Ashallond Guest
    Yeah, not too fond of the 'first to get the list done wins that month rule' as if the 1st falls on a M-F, then I'm pretty much out because a lot of people have a lot more free time than I do as a teacher/coach.

But hey, if it works where it's a weekend, then I'll definitely try to play.

Get the Arkansas Geocaching 'Hall of the Fame' ready... I may not can keep up with ya'll on numbers, but I can sho nuff complete some challenges!

Does anyone know where the thread went for the challenge for this month? Pat encouraged me (gingerose) to post for 00shark, since she had also completed the list. I just got her list together and can not find where to post it. The whole thread as seemed to disappear.

Ashallond Guest
    It's way down in the bottom forum (well, the bottom forum I can see)

http://www.arkgeocaching.org/modules.ph ... 0910fb3e38

Could not find it in the botom forum and when following link it says, "The topic or post you requested does not exist."

I also attempted to view post from gingerose and the post with the finds is not there.

???? not sure what to do????

Anyone have any ideas or know something?