View Poll Results: Did you find the information interesting?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting facts!?!

LadyEngineer Guest

Interesting facts!?!

Because I like to tinker with information and see what I can learn, I did a map of all the cachers that are members of this site by county and found it kind of interestering.

Then, I went to the GC website and for reasons I'm not sure why and counted every cache in every county in Arkansas and complied a map by county for that. Yes, there are 760 Active caches in Arkansas. I can prove it.

Anyway, if you would like to see those maps, here is the links to each. I will fix the pages when I get a moment so that you can link between them, but for now you have to click on each page from here. (I'm not very website smart.)

http://www.geocities.com/mjeebowie/ActiveCaches.html

http://www.geocities.com/mjeebowie/ActiveCachers.html

Let me know what you think about the information. If people like seeing it, I might consider updating it monthly. (That's a lot of counting otherwise.)

LE, the pictures on both pages are not working for some reason...

I love the idea! Seems like a lot of work to keep it updated, though.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    I too would like to see them when they are up-n-running.

LadyEngineer Guest

Works for my computer and others in our office

I tried other computers in my office and the pages loaded just fine. I will try when I get home to see it has a problem there. Please try again.

Still not working for me... I'm no HTML guru, but you might try taking out the spaces from the directory where the JPG resides.

I'm showing the path to be http://www.geocities.com/mjeebowie/Numb ... age002.jpg. When I try to go directly to the image, it says, "Page Not Found"...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Phantom_491 Guest
    They worked for me. That's some very interesting information. I didn't know there were 85 caches in Pulaski County (Leading the way!)

Thanks for the info!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    The active caches page is working for me now.
    The active cachers page is text only and if you scroll down you will see states listed = Alaska 1, Arkansas 6, Florida 1,etc.

They are both working for me. Very interesting. It reinforces my theory that we need to forget about forming regions and just be one big happy state. Thanks for the effort.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

walkingshadow Guest
    I was able to view both pictures.... I found the info interesting

walkingshadow and red

nonnipoppy Guest
    No problem viewing either photo for poppy. And we found the maps interesting. LE you need to get a life girl. You have WAAAAAAY to much time on your hands.

And now the cheap shot.......
    What are all you Pu-laski county cachers gonna do to stay ahead of Johnson county. We will have another 30-40 caches active by January 22, 2005. :P