Thread: Need geocachers/presenters for school presentation

sasseeree Guest

Need geocachers/presenters for school presentation

I am a school librarian/geocacher. I am organizing Arkansas Day (May 3rd)for our elementary students and would like to include geocaching. ( I think it is becoming a #1 sport in our state.) I NEED 2-6 brave, fellow geocachers from the Bella Vista/Bentonville area that would love to share their geocaching experience with "excited to learn" students. If you have pictures, travel bugs, geocoins, cool caches, etc and a willing spirit to educate our youth about an awesome, "get off the couch" activity, please contact me. sasseeree@yahoo.com

welcome to arkgeocaching and i am new to this but still learning more everyday of it there is a lot of great members of geocaching,and i did get to meet a couple of geocahe's here in searcy,ar we welcome all who have interest in geocaching.I do know that there is a lot of neat,and co0l cache's out there i have one called acho http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... e72258c9b1 which is total co0l in the making.I could take picture of it if you wish and i have another one that i came across a few days ago which is also co0l,but anyway welcome to the forum

astrodav Guest

Re: Need geocachers/presenters for school presentation

Quote Originally Posted by sasseeree
    I NEED 2-6 brave, fellow geocachers from the Bella Vista/Bentonville area that would love to share their geocaching experience with "excited to learn" students.
    Wish I were closer. I have lots of experience with young-uns in stuff like that. I'll forward this to my buddy in Springdale whom I graduated with. He might be interested & would be good at this type thing.

Ashallond Guest
    Most of the geocachers who live up there I think tend to hang out on the Northwest Arkansas Geocachers website than here. I don't see that many names on both.

Glad to see the event is going on! I'd help except a. it's my birthday, b. I'll be out of state at another activity, and c. if I wasn't out of state I'd have to be in my classroom teaching.

also the geocreed code is a start ----→ http://geocreed.info/