Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know I need therapy when...

I'm glad you decided to camp. Two events in one will be fun. Not to mention all the caches in the park including the WhereIgo and Night Cache.

Congrats again on the new Path (ATMA) tags! They turned out great.

astrodav Guest
    That is a nice tag. Can't wait to find one in a cache .... but you'll need to get out of Louisiana & come up closer to Little Rock or West Arkansas to drop a few before I'll find one any time soon.

I considered a tag as a sig-item shortly after I found my first ones, but decided to go with the AstroInkPens. Those first ones were the ArkGeo tags. I had no idea what they were then & took about 4 of them from 5 or 6 caches in the same general area on the same day. I was planning on keeping one if the owner let me, then logging & moving along the others. That night, when I figured out what they were & how to log them, is when I also realized that every single one of them had the same tracking number, unlike GeoCoins. So before anyone had a chance to figure out how dumb I was, I rapidly went back & replaced the extra ones in the caches I had stolen them from.

I got a kick out of seeing that you had logged the Tin-Man Cache ..... so appropriate. I was there a few days after you were & thought about you, because of the similarities of the names. I actually found & logged it a couple months before you started caching, or I most likely would have thought about you then too.

P.S. Many of us have discussed how we came up with our caching-names and/or any special significance behind them. You may already have. If so, I missed it. So tell us now/again, what circumstance led to "TinManJones" ??

Ashallond Guest
    Aww, man, I knew I forgot something....Forgot to get one of them astropens.

astrodav Guest
    I've got 144 of'em, minus the 50 or so I've given away, minus the dozen or so which are still out there as "Holiday Gifts" from last December, in caches which haven't been visited very much since then.

So's I's got's 75 or so still with me. I'm sure I'll have 1 for ya at one of the upcoming events, where I usually have a pocket full.

Ashallond forgot his this last Friday too, before we parted ways. At least I think he did. We pretty much took turns getting out of the truck & I haven't checked my caching box since to see how much stuff has been stolen. :P

Ashallond Guest

Stealin cachin stuff?

Me...never

:P

pshelto Guest

addiction

All this plotting is enough to make me want to round up cachescratcher, Allenearl, JTM and Hollowlog and plan a northern L.A. string of caches. Tell me of this camping trip, if it is open to the public.

Astrodav, I just managed to get to emptying my geocache bag from the event we rocked and found my pen again. I had worries that I had lost it. Now it shall be my geocaching pen. Thanks!!!

Somehow PShelto I have not saw your response to this thread with the question about camping. I wasn't ignoring you I promise. I just saw it when I came here to update the status of the 'trail'. We are camping this weekend at Lake D'Arbonne for a couple of events and of course everyone is invited. The events are GC236RZ and GC24TQG. The event last year was a blast and this one should be equally as fun. Even if you can't go you should check the caches in the park including a canoe cache, a night cache, a wherigo cache, dozens of great ammo box traditionals, and one of the best multi-caches I have done. It truly is a gem of a park and the park superintendent supports geocaching 100%. I guess he should since there are about 32 in the park boundaries alone.

Update on the state line trail for any who may be interested. About 70 or so have published with about 40 waiting to be published after some of the ftf's are gobbled up to help spread them out. Looking to have about 120+- on the trail when finished. The feedback I have received has been excellent. I have received about a dozen or more emails form cachers interested in it and thanking us for placing the cache. Look for a mention of it on the Arkansas Tourism Facebook Page Friday Geocaching Blog tomorrow!

astrodav Guest
    I'm most definitely watching it .... very interesting trail. It'll most likely be quite a while before I venture down there, but perhaps not.

I started the State Park series several months ago & quickly found out the appropriate strategy (at least for me) was to schedule several cache-runs dedicated purely to the park caches .... rather than just pick up 1 or 2 when in the general area doing "regular" caching. I would never get the challenge done the latter way.

I haen't done any park-runs since about last deer season, so it's time I start back up. I might do a 2-day trip done that way .... local parks 1 day, the trail the other day. I really want to do your (ya'lls ) trail, so that would be knocking out 2 bullets with 1 bird ..... or something like that anyway.