Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know I need therapy when...

TinmanJones Guest

I know I need therapy when...

I know I need therapy when...

I've been at work since 2am, it's now a few minutes till 2pm, & I can't wait to get off & go catch some caches! And this comes after an afternoon of finding ticks & killing my first snake of the year!

Am I the only one that just can't wait to find caches, before he finds sleep?

Just so you know, before I found sleep the other night after find 131 caches and helping you with 25 more, I HAD to log some- like about 50. I can't stand not to be able to sit down and officially get the smiley.

P.S. Just ordered "baby sodas" for that top secret L.A. or LA? project we have spoken about (it's a secret remember so don't tell anyone, okay?).

TinmanJones Guest
    I'm ready!

O.K. Tinman here is where we stand on the "OO" TOP SECRET PLAN-

Notify ChuckWalla (check)

Purchase an undisclosed amount of cache containers (check) $99.90 worth (my wife is going to kill me, but hey I got free shipping).

Prepare the cache descriptions (check)

Enough paint to paint (insert random number here) caches (check)

The only thing I lack is (insert random number here) log sheets and string.

Ya got any or either?

Coming soon to a perfectly straight state line road near you....

The "L.A. or LA?" caching tour.
    The trick to finding out whether the cache will lie in Louisiana (LA) or Arkansas (specifically Lower Arkansas or L.A.) is by the name of the cacher. (i.e. "L.A. or LA? - arkfiremedic" would be on the north side of State Line Road).

Ya ready?

astrodav Guest
    Ooouuuhhh .... I bet I know where it are. I went undercover & found 5 major secret locations & about that many minor ones also. One of those I have been "through", but not any of the others. I have been close to most all of them however.

Kinda off-the-subject, but there's a question which has been nagging me for a long time. You might can answer it, since the location is within your general CT (Cache Territory).

Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I'm dangerously curious about anything resembling geology, hydrology, & how they are often intertwined with cartography. In other words, I like to look at maps.

I noticed that Felsenthal has a road which parallels the lower river from the modern dm to a point a few miles south. That road is "Old Lock 6 Road". Where it ends, from what little I have been able to scratch up about it, was once the site of another dam. Is that true?

Do you have any info, personal and/or links, that would explain what happened here? Stuff like:

1. Was the old dam demolished or damaged by a flood? When did this happen?

2. Why was it relocated upstream, if there ever actually was a dam down there?

3. When was the old dam built?

4. On Google aerials, it's really difficult to see ANY evidence of an old dam, although both sides of the river have a "Dam Road", & switching over to the Topo still shows an old dam there. Several hundred feet north of the end of that road appears to be an "inconsistency" in the river, as if the riverbed has been disturbed there. Is there any visible sign of the old dam left there to see?

Just stuff like that, anything you know or have an idea where to find it out. I've done several searches for info related to the above questions & came up somewhat empty. Either info is hard to find on what exactly occured here & why ... or I just didn't land on the right page.

This type of "disapearing structure" intriques me to no end. If you know anything about it, I'd love to hear the stories. To keep the thread on-track, you can e-mail me if you want. Doesn't matter to me. Thx.

TinmanJones Guest
    This thread was simply about being so addicted to geocaching, that I live and breath it daily, regardless of being sleep deprived, etc!

Astrodav, you're post is right in line with my thinking! True your post isn't ONLY about wanting to catch caches, but it "sorta" along the same lines! So your post is welcomed here! I too am interested in knowing more about your questions! Knowing what happened many many moons ago interests me!

AFM, I've got all the string/rope! I don't have enough logs at the moment, but can get them without much problem!

AstroDav I think I may be a younger, albiet somewhat rounder and heavier version of you, without the pony tail of course. I actually had a cache at this very location you speak of and it interests me as well.

GC1NHPA

Should let you examine the cache page although the cache obviously is archived for now. Really, about the day I put it out the water came up. It has came up so much that the area has remained underwater short of just a few days when I could have went to check on my cache, but couldn't. We have had high water the last year or so like you wouldn't believe. This one is not gone, just waiting on mother nature to recede her waters. The cache will return, and guess what- THE FTF is still there. I'm sure the way I tethered the cache, it probably is still there as well, although well hidden. On a topo map you can see a little elevated land form here, exactly where I placed the cache. On your views you can change your map setting on the geocaching page, although it doesn't show up as well. This actually is part of the old dam structure complete with concrete still attached. I do not know much about the site though. I can probably get the information, but until you brought it up- no body seemed to care anything about the cache except that they wanted the FTF. As you can read one of my favorite local cachers began to question if I knew what a baby soda was and it had been temporarily disabled long enough that I got the message, so I was forced to archive it. I will dig further into the dam site information and let you know.

astrodav Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkfiremedic
    AstroDav I think I may be a younger, albiet somewhat rounder and heavier version of you, without the pony tail of course.
    Hey, I resemble that remark. I AM young.

No hurry. If you find something let me know.

AstroDav I am going to try to go the Felsenthal NWR Headquarters this week and find out further information.

TinmanJones- Thanks for your help the last two days on this great idea ( ) I have had. Glad you were willing to assist. I couldn't have done it without your and 2ter's assistance. First five have been submitted...

TinmanJones Guest
    woohoo!

btw, I plan to camp next month!