Thread: Disposable cameras

HikerRon Guest

Disposable cameras

Way back in Oct 2003 i placed my first cache ever, outside Monument, CO.
    It was named Herman's Lap (GCH01E) because it sits out on a ridgetop at
    the base of Mt Herman. It was an ammo can, because at the time i thought
    all caches were ammo cans
    I have placed 75+ caches and i've lost a lot of them due to weather, vandalism, even one to bulldozers. But old Herman's Lap is still going
    strong. I had placed a disposable camera in the cache, and recently a
    Colorado cacher mailed the full camera to me. Even though the expiration
    date on the camera was Dec '05!, all the pics came out great. I didnt
    recognize anyone in the photos but it was apparent that everyone was
    having fun.
    And that's what it is all about.

c0ol that is just co0l to have one(cache) to go thru weather yr,after yr,and with stand time.

That is wonderful, indeed! Maybe you will post those pics in a gallery somewhere. I'd love to see them. :P

pshelto Guest

camera

I have found a cache or two with cameras but both times they were full. However, I loved the idea and hope to see it more often. Hollowlog and myself thought about attaching a camera or a jump drive to a TB and letting people add pictures to it. Of course, you always have to worry about inappropriate pictures, but I don't think that would be too much of an issue.

It's cool about your camera and I too look forward to seeing the pictures somewhere.

farmnurse Guest
    I have been thinking about a camera in my cache but so far it doesnt get enough traffic to warrant it

I always thought one of those "keychain" cameras you see at checkouts for around 15 bucks would work. They have a tiny LCD display on back and can take less than a 1 meg picture I want to say the default setting would hold 75 pics on its internal memory. If you attached it to a little cable then it may not grow legs.

pshelto Guest

Camera

That is an idea that I like. I wonder if it's possible to lock those so pics can't be deleted or uploaded.