Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Up For A Trip West??

astrodav Guest
    Yeah, I think all of the caches on that big trail are named after mythological Gods, lots of Roman & Greek I think.

One of the others in the area seem to be all named after phobias.

astrodav Guest
    The Red Rock Run may be the one that is being discussed. That one as about 75 caches, but picking up the close ones unrelated to the trail itself, most especially several at the very end in a state park, will net you about 92 in an approx. 34 mile run. They become far apart in a couple sections. It's just out of El Reno, around 20 miles west of OKC. Not sure what happened to the quality of this screenshot, but it's good enough for this purpose:

The first cache is over here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...9-3f770e2ca3c0

.... or GC24RCN. There is also a 10-year event scheduled at the end of that trail. Not sure if it's on the same day as ours or not.

As long as you're going to Oklahoma, might as well head south of Lawton to the caching commune of "Cashion Community", then up near Bartlesville & take a tour of the factory where they assemble our little-bitty containers.

Yes this the the Red Rock Run Series.
    GC24RCn is # 1 and GC24VZX is #78

I am planning on doing this run if anyone is interested in teaming up.

astrodav Guest
    Give me a date & I can probaly do it. It'll have to be after the April 11th MOGA event however, or this one will mess up my 1,000 goal .... if we do the 100 at Jessieville this weekend.

If someone else wants to do it with you instead, won't hurt my feelings any. But I can almost always go anywhere at most anytime, as long as I have at least a week's notice & it doesn't interfere with the 2-3 VA appts that my father & I have to make each month. But I always have those dates at least 3-5 weeks in advance.

I think our next ones are the 31st of this month & the 7th of April.

I am trying to get all the events marked on my calender. Also looking at vacation days to see what I can move around. As soon as I can come up with a date or maybe two for an option I will post them here. I was reading on some of them and they are suppose to be pretty much park and grabs with no bushwhacking.

gingerose Guest
    Since you guys are looking at Power Trails take a look at this.

GC24WZ4- E.T. Highway Invasion!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...4-cb381fd37c60

This trail of 1,000 caches has not been published. It is obvious they are working with their reviewer because the trail is suppose to be published the night before the event.

The trail that started this thread is just south west of Las Vegas. This trail will be north of Las Vegas.

astrodav Guest
    That would be an odd trail because that highway already has lots of caches. Kinda like a Power-Trail-Within-A-Non-Power-Trail. I really see no reason NOT to do something like that. Nevada has plenty of area, lots of it uninhabited. But then so does Arkansas .... it's called the Ouachita Nat'l Forest & is pretty much devoid of caches in many places.

If I were caching in Nevada, I would personally rather seek out ones which have history or geological stories behind them, such as ghost-towns & old mines. But it would definitely be a blast to hit one of these extremely long trails just once in a lifetime.