Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cacher in Ft. Smith Area

istakebroad Guest

Cacher in Ft. Smith Area

Hey everyone, istakebroad is my handle, but most people call me Stake. A friend of mine recently got me into Geocaching and I'm already getting the fever! Found my first two caches this past week and can't wait to get out again when the weather permits.

Welcome to the game and to our website! There are a lot of great caches in the Ft. Smith area. And there are great cachers in that area who will be more than willing to help you along as you get started. Look for events in your area or not too far away (like the May 1 event in Russellville or the ArkGeo events at Petit Jean SP on June 5 and 6) to give you an opportunity to meet fellow geocachers and discuss the fine points of the game.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Ashallond Guest
    Gotta watch for the Fort Smith cachers....if you read their logs, you'll see they're just a bit crazy.

welcome from a fellow Fort Smithian.

Hey Stake welcome to the geocaching madness. Here in Ft.Smith and the surrounding area you will find lots of geocaches. Like Ashallond said it can get rather crazy in a battle for FTFs. But you will catch on as you meet people and read the logs on the caches that you do find.
    Need anything just send me an email and I will try my best to help you out. I am in Ft. Smith everyday.
    Judy

astrodav Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashallond
    Gotta watch for the Fort Smith cachers....if you read their logs, you'll see they're just a bit crazy.

Yeah, but those of us south of Fort Smith are really normal.

Welc0me

edieo Guest
    Welcome to game

istakebroad Guest
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone... and I appreciate those willing to help with questions I have.

farmnurse Guest
    I too am in Fort Smith and I am new and have not been at this long enough to be crazy yet. My husband and I really enjoy getting into this

edieo Guest
    Welcome to the game farmnurse