Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody want to place a cache at Nail cem. for tx cachers

cpnowak Guest

Anybody want to place a cache at Nail cem. for tx cachers

Hi! We're cpnowak from Spring Branch Texas...near San Antonio. We are traveling to Arkansas in a little over a week to visit family and parts of your fair state where I grew up! My grandmother is buried at Nail cemetery in Lafferty and I thought it would be really cool to find a cache there. I e-mailed a couple of local cachers that have caches placed pretty near. Here is a link to a map http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.a ... zm=15&mt=m So if you know of anybody that might be interested please shoot me an e-mail. nowakATgvtcDOTcom My Grandmother is Bonnie Maye Sutton. This would be so awesome! We are super excited to revisit my childhood stomping grounds and show my boys how I grew up!
    Thanks!
    Penny of cpnowak

Sure wish I were closer to that area. Hate to see a nice cemetery that doesn't have a cache! Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

I actually got an email from you about hiding a cache there. I have some hides in Batesville. My Mom lives there, but I do not. I am actually about 90 miles away in Conway. Sure wish I would have been able to head up that way and drop a hide for you, just haven't been able to make the time.

Hope you enjoy your trip up there!

Cpdenton

astrodav Guest
    Looks like beezerb might be the most active cacher in that area. But it's been almost 3 years since they hid a cache & 8 months or so since they've found one. But they did log into the site just yesterday.

The cacher bugzfanz has a similar history. They've found caches later than beezer, but their hiding history is about the same. All but 1 of their 7 Arkansas hides have been archived, so they may not be active hiders and maintainers. They last logged in a few days ago.

Letusgoalookin hid 3 caches in that general area last year, but hasn't logged in since January.

That's the only hiders within about a 5-mile radius of that area. However, that area also includes at least THREE cemetarys .... Nail, Ray, & Winkle. So it's a location which needs to be developed for a few caches. The above mentioned cachers don't frequent this forum, as best I can tell, but it wouldn't hurt to contact them via the geo.com site about it. And keep mentioning this & I'm sure some active cacher who is relatively nearby will jump at the chance.

cpnowak Guest
    I did send out an email to beezerb and cdenton. No reply yet but I am still hopeful. Thanks for your help everyone.
    Penny
    cpnowak

cpnowak Guest
    Hi guys-
    We had an awesome trip to Arkansas! Got to grab a few caches...not many...but more importantly we were able to reconnect with our family. So when we went to Nail Cemetery...we thought well...we'll hide a cache and see if anyone wants to officially own it and submit it on gc.com

So, if any locals are interested...we hid a small in a little grove of trees at 35 55.286
    091 47.965
    We would rank it a difficulty of 1 and terrain of 1.5

We would love to have someone submit it so that we could mark our time at Nail Cemetery forever on gc.com

The hide date was 03/24/2010 We of course would not claim FTF and would only sign in on the website once the official FTF was logged in. We signed the log book.

My grandmother, great grandmother and great grandfather are buried there. My parents already have their tombstones there along with my deceased brothers.

This would mean a lot to us and we understand if you guys aren't interested. Arkansas is beautiful and going back makes me miss it even more!!

Penny
    cpnowak

astrodav Guest
    I applaud you for hiding the cache & sounds like your trip was great. I would adopt it in a heart-beat, but that's just not within an area I could maintain it very well. Hopefully one of the locals jumps on it to help you keep it in good service.

Every single cache we can hide is an important one, to my way of thinking. And too, I just like respectable cemetery caches, since they often tend to help keep alive a piece of history.

If I'm ever up that way, which I'm 100% sure I will be SOMEDAY, this one will be on my list.

photojunky Guest
    This falls within my running ground, I see that there are many places around there that do need caches. I was raised up north of there, and go up there enough to keep track of the cache, so if you would like I will take it. I plan on going that direction this weekend. Let me know if you still want someone to take it over.

cpnowak Guest
    Thank you soooooo much photojunky!!!!!!

Penny
    cpnowak

photojunky Guest
    To anyone watching this post, ICCC Nail, GC27HNH
    is now posted and approved.