Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting pictures on cache listing

Posting pictures on cache listing

Posting Pictures. I have searched geocaching.com and groundspeak for directions on how to put a picture on your cache page when you do a new listing. I want to put the printer on the cache page with the description, etc. So far all I have been able to do is put them in the gallary. I see them on the cache pages. Can someone direct me to where I can find the instructions for doing this.
    Thanks. You can always depend on people helping others.

gingerose Guest
    I start by putting the picture in my gallary. Then it shows up at the end of the cache page where people came click on it. Then I right click on the name of said picture and select properties. (It is usually at the bottom of the pop-up list.)

This causes another screen to pop up. Somewhere (usually near the bottom) is the 'address' of the picture. This is where geocaching.com happens to be storing your picture. You need to copy the complete address in order to paste it onto the caching page.

Now that you have that, edit your cache page. In the place where you want the picture type the following:[img](paste your copied address)[/img]

Make sure that you check the box on the caching page that says, "The descriptions below are in HTML."

Hopefully, this is not too confusing and gets you what you want.

Check out this information for how to post a picture on your cache page. It comes from the Groundspeak Knowledge Book.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Hey Tinman Jones you wanta sign up for a computer class with me. We could maybe copy off each other or something. I tried what I thought was what gingerose said and wiped my cache page clean and didn't get the picture on it either. SO Tinman let me know about the class thing.

astrodav Guest
    I've built several web-sites & currently operate 2 of my own, although they aren't very active now & I use them for purely personal reasons, as for storing & sending extremely large files which most e-mail clients can't handle.

I taught myself how to do it by using "HTML Tutorials" available completely free on-line. Since I pretty much have the low & mid levels memorized now, I don't refer to those pages very often, so can't find them without a bit of searching. But I still run into certain high-level things that I don't know how to do, so then have to go find the tutorials again & figure out what I don't know.

If anyone wants these, let me know & I'll find & post the URL's. I've used several different ones & have settled on just 1 or 2 which I think are the easiest & best documented. It's really not THAT hard, after you play with them for a week or so. It just looks overwhelming at first, with all of the funny named tags & such.

But simple HTML, not even getting into advanced coding (which I DON'T know & have NO desire to learn), will allow you to post images, format text sizes, fonts, & colors, make charts & lists, stuff like that.

gingerose Guest
    OH Noooooo!!!!!

I am sorry to hear about your cache page, Jffok.

I feel terrible.

Ashallond Guest
    Judy, send me a note about what you want to do, and I'll try to help you.

I'll just need advance notice about your next cache placement so I can bet CA and Man of Steel.

edieo Guest
    I send my photos to photobucket and copy the link and just click the allow HTML and paste it where I want it..

TinmanJones Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jffok
    Hey Tinman Jones you wanta sign up for a computer class with me. We could maybe copy off each other or something. I tried what I thought was what gingerose said and wiped my cache page clean and didn't get the picture on it either. SO Tinman let me know about the class thing.
    UMMMMM, no thanks!

I'm trying to figure out how I ended up in this thread anyhow? I had nothing to do with this!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by TinmanJones
    Quote Originally Posted by Jffok
    UMMMMM, no thanks!

I'm trying to figure out how I ended up in this thread anyhow? I had nothing to do with this!?!?
    Actually Tinman one of the questions you asked the other day was something I was having trouble with so I paid attention to the answers you got from the others. That way I didn't have to ask.
    Thanks.