Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Up coming/Eat-N-Greet/Celebration/ArkGeo 2010 Annual Event

Up coming/Eat-N-Greet/Celebration/ArkGeo 2010 Annual Event

I Know its a camp meeting on the date of June 5th,and 6th and i said that i will be there.But its about being prepare and not forgetting anything that a person may need on a camping trip?Sense its a Annual Event some of you guys been to the last one well its my first and i have been camping tons of time and i have always know what to take on my own camping trip,like water if they dont have water there,and a generator if that they dont have power,and so on?.I will be camping with a tent and having no trouble brnging another tent if someone else needed one.I like coffee in the morning,and reading my bible in the evening and would like to know more info about the camping area will there be enough room for us??

TinmanJones Guest
    wilddav, this is a great question!
    this will also be my first ArkGeo Annual Event, and I plan to bring a tent as well!
    i have a camper, but i plan to cache on the way to Petit Jean and dont want the extra "baggage", ie: camper!

id like to stay with (on site) everyone else, in the group camp area, as stated in the GC listing!

i look forward to this event and also to this thread, as wilddav and I get hints and help from you seasoned ArkGeo campers!

thanks for the help, I know will come eventually!
    Tinman Jones

Last year we just all found a level spot in group camping area. Some snored (I won't mention her name) and some made other weird noises, but all in all it was fun. 2ter only really got scared one time when the raccoon tried to invade camp, but he didn't stay long. Last year there wasn't electricity, but I do not know about this year. I wouldn't imagine one need to bring a generator though as I'm sure the campers in close proximity really won't like the noise as your generator pipes cold air-conditioned air into your tent (unless you pipe some to our tents too!) We had a great time last year and I hope, hope, hope I can get off to attend this year as well. Any other questions just ask.

TinmanJones Guest
    I was sure hoping to atleast be able to hook up a fan in my tent! hmmmm, wonder if i could hook one up to run on my boat battery?
    I dont perspire well when I sleep!

specialteacher Guest
    Last year it was cool and I needed more blankets not a fan. It had cooled off nice in the evening. Hopefully we will have just as good weather this year.

Out Boy Scout troop has stayed in this group site before. It is one of the nicest ones I've seen. It is on the side of a hill (just across the creek from the large pavilion). It has several tent platforms spread out across the site. I honestly can't remember if each platform had its own electricity. There is enough room for 2 small tents or 1 large one on each platform. At the top of the hill is a nice heated & cooled bathroom/shower facility. I know there is electricity there.

edieo Guest
    I want mention her name either but I'll be pitching my tent way away from her ...!!!!! Last year was a blast !!!

i look forward in the camping and the reson that i did ask about electricity is that i love my coffee in the morning's if their is a power outlet close to where i can hook up coffee maker all is good than : ) I am real good good about getting the camp fire going with just rubbing two sticks together//no just kidding i am good about getting the camp fire starten,and keeping it going and i am also looking forward seeing the lake again if it still had those lilepads in the lake the bass are great there that i know but its been yrs ago thta i was there.I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FELLOWSHIP with you guys

flannelman Guest
    I may try to break away and camp this year too. I might have a hard time getting my wife to agree to sleeping on the ground but I know the kids would love it. When I go to deer camp with some friends of mine we use a percolator pot on the propane camp stove to make coffee in. It don't get much better than that!

lol i know h0w that is i done that been there when it is morning time and one have to have there coffee even if its in instant coffee is better than no coffee