Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ghost-Light of Old Fourche Log-Train -- Pt. I

Quote Originally Posted by captaincooder
    I'm free tonight. Anyone want to team up and go?
    Hey! Why don’t you take your wife!

Quote Originally Posted by astrodav
    But with yesterday & last nights rain, although nowhere near flooded, you'll be one wet, cold, muddy, & miserable puppy whenyou get done with this one in conditions like this.
    Sounds like a perfect date night adventure! I'm sure she would just LOVE it!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Man, I am really trying hard to resist this one. After being gone caching out of state for 5 days last week and then caching 3 days around here with my sister and her family I think I'd better stay around the house tonight or I may get locked out while I'm gone. I'll take the girls out to do this one later. Maybe we can get a group together then.

Specialteacher called at the last minute, so we teamed up and did it together. Got there at just the right time. Light drizzle and sap spilling out of the pines gave a lot of glistening that appeared to be reflectors, so the going was slow. I imagined it to be raining like so on the day this terrible accident occured.

ORR, my wife would have positively divorced me if I had dragged her out here. This one is not for the faint of heart, nor the ill-prepared. She had taken the kids to Hot Springs, so I figured the weather was perfect for adventure!

astrodav Guest
    I'm beginning to think the Cpt. is the only one brave enough to go after anything of mine over a level 2. His name is the only one which yet graces both this one & the Swamp Bunny.

The latter one cost him some blood, but he seems to have come out unscathed from this one. Sounds like he's learning.

I'm learning. I have a nice Gerber machete.

I may not have lost blood on this one, but I gained terror!

ORR, my wife would have positively divorced me if I had dragged her out here.
    But she's OK with you going out with another woman to find the cache???? HMMMMMM ...... Are did she know????

I only did that once, to help another cacher (female) to place a night cache. My wife was OK with it, until the other cacher started to call me all the time for hints on hides she was trying to find. Uh oh!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

astrodav Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRiverRunner
    ORR, my wife would have positively divorced me if I had dragged her out here.
    But she's OK with you going out with another woman to find the cache???? HMMMMMM ...... Are did she know????

Huummm .... I bet he has something that we could use, like maybe a boat, or a shotgun, or a 4-wheeler. Heck, just plain ole money would satisfy me.

Blackmail isn't really a crime if the blackmailer has something so good on the blackmailee, that they know better than to ever say anything. Walking around in the woods, at night, with another woman, is pretty good dirt from what I've learned. (Well, not personally of course. I would NEVER ever again do something like that myself.)

grzz51 Guest
    Hmmmmmm.... think I'll set up some trail cameras up there and get a satellite feed :P

I told her I brought the dog (which I did). I just found this other cacher sitting in the dreary, cold rain in Plainview. What was I supposed to do? Ignore a damsel in distress?

TinmanJones Guest
    I'm learning. I have a nice Gerber machete.

I may not have lost blood on this one, but I gained terror!
    hahaha

sounds like fun to me!