Thread: Groundspeak to raise Pocket Queries to 1000!

Groundspeak to raise Pocket Queries to 1000!

According to the Groundspeak forums they will raise the cache limit in pocket queries from 500 to 1000.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=243637

You'll need to log in to the forum in order to read the message.

Wow, that's big news. I don't frequent the GC.com forums, so I'm glad you posted this here.

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

I don't go there much either, but someone twittered about it and I saw it there.

That is good news and he said it would be in by "the anniversary of geocaching (May 2, 2010)" So that is awesome...Now with a few pocket queries I can pull most of the state into gsak! WooT!

I noticed further in the thread that Jeremy noted that we would still get 5 PQs a day x1000 each = Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA534
    I noticed further in the thread that Jeremy noted that we would still get 5 PQs a day x1000 each = Cool!
    I still do not understand why anyone would ever need that many in a day.
    When I go caching I only load what I can possibly find in a day or a certain number of days that I will be caching. I think I may have only done a PQ for 500 maybe once or twice. But there are those info junkies out there that must have as many as they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA534
    I still do not understand why anyone would ever need that many in a day.
    When I go caching I only load what I can possibly find in a day or a certain number of days that I will be caching. I think I may have only done a PQ for 500 maybe once or twice. But there are those info junkies out there that must have as many as they can get.
    I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "info junkies". I'm one of those. In the real world, I probably don't need that many caches available. However, it is nice to load caches from the entire state up to the TomTom. That way, whether we happen to be in Hot Springs or Jonesboro, we can cache on the fly.

Practical? No. Cool? Definitely!

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

I just ran my PQ for Russellville for the event tomorrow and I tried it and it ran.

"Thanks! Your pocket query has been modified and currently results in 1000 caches. "

WOOHOO!!!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!