Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets start a " Breakfast Club"

walkingshadow Guest

Lets start a " Breakfast Club"

I am a little gun shy about geocaching by myself , Since the yellow jacket incident and hearing about the attack on the fellow cachers in ft smith. Once a month I have someone I can geocache with, rest of the time I don't. I don't know if there are any others in the same situation or if there are others that want to vary their caching experience.

My thought is having a designated resturaunt or even a park and meet on saturday mornings to plan a day of caching..... if a large group shows up we could split up into smaller groups... and vary the people we cache with. I think this could offer an opportunity to learn from each others and form caching friendships. Also help the newbies and maybe get more people involved who don't have anyone to cache with.

Let me know what you think. Any other ideas? Anyone interested?

walkingshadow and red

Gathering

Interesting idea. In what community do you live? Don't know if the locale is convenient. This might be a neat idea on a regional basis. There may be an instance where one travels and knows a local group meets at XXXtime at XXXresturant. Would make trips to a "foreign" site more comfortable.

If you met in a spot WiFi capable, the group could get online and search out spots in the area if those were not already researched by one in advance.

All sorts of options for this concept. Thanx/SJC

walkingshadow Guest
    I am in little rock.....

The wifi idea is good... If not each of us could bring some potential caches with us.

I thought we could vary our location depending on what area we want to cache.... We could do little rock/north little rock for awhile and then head to conway, searcy, benton and work our way to other areas.... and then new caches are always popping up.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Great idea, WS. Wish I had thought of it. I grieved when I read about you and the yellowjackets at my son's cache. I'll be following your progress and may even join you every once in a while.

I have a number one hobby, a number two hobby and three hobbies tied for number three. Geocaching falls in the "tied for number three" catagory. I know that will be hard to understand for some people. So I will not be beating your breakfast club door down, but some day I may take a notion and show up. But I hope it really gets rolling for your sake and others like you.

Geezer

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    A little informal camaraderie, support, and Geo-help,
    without the time and expense of an event?
    Maybe even someone to help break spider webs?
    Oops, I meant to say break trail.
    Sounds like a great ideal.

LadyEngineer Guest
    Anything happening on this? This is a great idea, but have you set one up yet? Please let me know. My family kind of did this Saturday. We got up and had a pancake breakfast with Santa, went and got our tree and then headed to Searcy to start on the around town caches and some others. Had a good day and found 7 of 7 before we headed home to decorate the tree. It would have been alot of fun with some others along too.

I also like the sounds of this, folks. Especially when we move on into a time when my "new" caching partner has to do Saturday working again. I stay pretty busy during tax season, but that doesn't mean I can't take off some. Also my summers are WIIIIIDE open!

Thanks!!!

topkitty98
    >^..^<

MrsGeoark Guest
    This is one of the best Ideas ever in my opinion as for WIFI that would be a great asset. For information the Burger King in Cabot the new one on hwy 321 has WIFI access, other may as well.

Breakfast Club

Have been away from this for a while, but still think it a great idea. If in Little Rock, Community Bakery is open early, is near the "freeway" and has free WiFi connections. Am heading back to Colorado for the holidays, but would like to entertain this in the LRA area on return mid-January.
    Onward.

WiFi access is available in Conway at the Faulkner County Library at 1900 Tyler Street.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile