Thread: Okay...who bought 30+ decon kits at Pool?

Okay...who bought 30+ decon kits at Pool?

The family and I stopped by Pool Military Surplus (close to Greenbrire) to restock on a few geocaching necessities and get some military gear for our preparedness bags (mre's) when I notice a box full of decon kits. I asked the lady how much and she said $1.50. I said WOW...Great price and put a few up on the counter and told her "these make great geocaches". She said someone was in a week or so ago that bought 30+ of em and would probably be back to buy more for their geocaching needs and a few friends.

So...When is that someone putting them all out? Also, .30 cals were 5 bucks!

astrodav Guest
    I didn't actually "BUY" any, although I "PAID" for some, but it wasn't "30", although it was more than "12", and I've never once even stepped foot onto the property of the establishment, although I have been VERY close to it. And I actually carried only "4" containers away, however, those four were somewhat heavier than if only air had been inside of them.

So there's you a puzzle to ponder over. There may even be a cache at the end of it....but I doubt it.

I know there is a geocaching themed camporee at the Boy Scout camp in Damascus next week. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't bought by one of the organizers. Its a popular spot for troops to stop on their way to camp.

pshelto Guest

decon

5 dollar ammo cans? Sign me up!

There at pool military surplus in Greenbrier....They have a rocket tube that I can't figure out how to make a geocache out of yet. It is a water tight tube about 3 1/2 feet high with an od about 5 inches. It has a twist on cap. It would be cool, but I can't think of a particular hide to use something like that.

Re: Okay...who bought 30+ decon kits at Pool?

Quote Originally Posted by jclaudii
    The family and I stopped by Pool Military Surplus (close to Greenbrire) to restock on a few geocaching necessities and get some military gear for our preparedness bags (mre's) when I notice a box full of decon kits. I asked the lady how much and she said $1.50. I said WOW...Great price and put a few up on the counter and told her "these make great geocaches". She said someone was in a week or so ago that bought 30+ of em and would probably be back to buy more for their geocaching needs and a few friends.

So...When is that someone putting them all out? Also, .30 cals were 5 bucks!
    whats the address of this place ?

website address:
    http://www.arkansasarmy.com/

address
    1099 HWY 65 NORTH
    GREENBRIER, AR 72058

looking at the google image I don't think that is the location of the store anymore. if your coming from Conway it will be on your Left close to another flea market as you go through Greenbrier...Next time I'm out that way I'll grab the exact coords..

I checked the web site out i called the people their and that is the right address that you gave @ the momnet they have 24 box's there and will have more by the weekend i will be making a trip there this weekend to buy a few and maybe doing some gecaches also,thks for the info †

astrodav Guest
    I hid the first 1 of those 12 which I didn't actually buy there, but came from there, today.