Thread: 1,000,000+ caches!

1,000,000+ caches!

Just noticed the total cache amount now tops 1,000,000. That only leaves about 998,700 for me to find!

astrodav Guest
    Yeah, I noticed that a couple weeks ago when it was 99something, something. I debated upon watching it very closely for a few days & try to publish the 1,000,000th cache. But the way they are reviewed before actually being publishing makes that pretty much a luck-of-the-draw attempt. (Unless of course you have some "inside friends". )

So I eventually decided it probaly wasn't worth trying to do.

P.S. Here's yet another of my useless tidbits which I come up with quite often:

If Kosovo, Taiwan, & Vatican City are included as independent nations, then there are 195 countries in the world. Since there are also several major areas which have caches (Antarctica, Greenland, Guam, etc.), but aren't sovereign nations, let's make it simple & say there are 200 total countries.

That means, if the caches were evenly distributed, every country in the world would have exactly 5,000 of them. Plenty enough to go around, but definitely no reason to ever SLOW DOWN hiding them.

Let's see how fast we can hit 2,000,000.

Yup I did it the co0lbreeze cache made it happen when i registered it saturday it was the 1 million one

pshelto Guest

1 mil

Astrodav,

Only 5k caches per country? That would probably be some major commuting to find those puppies in the US. Imagine Russia with only that many (actually I wonder how many each country actually has).

l0l this time 5 yrs from now half the world would be geocahe's and than the exits signs on the freeway will show geocache's next exit or geocaches five miles ahead