Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New in Van Buren

edieo Guest
    Oh now I find that hard to believe !!!!

astrodav Guest

Re: Tips on JayGill's puzzle caches?

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyArkfam

I wonder if someone could do a tutorial--online or at an event sometime on solving JayGill's puzzle caches. They look interesting but I do not have a clue.
    The only person who should do that is JayGill himself, unless he gives someone else permission to show others how to work his caches. Might try e-mail'ing him for small hints. Some cachers, including myself, will happily help others out on their own caches if they are stuck. Some won't however. Just have to ask.

Most of those caches of his look more like a Letterbox than a Puzzle. He's just making you find some certain location, then proceed a certain distance in a certain direction, repeating the process until you should be at the cache location.

Others seem to be some type of "Projection Cache", which has recently become something of a fad in caching. It's basically the same thing. Star out at "A" & proceed "B" feet at a heading of "C" degrees.

farmnurse Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by edieo
    Welcome to the game ,,I'm sure there's some one out there that can help you with the puzzles I haven't done them yet ..lol
    I have done one of his puzzle caches and did not find it that difficult. GC19XBH
    In fact this one was pretty easy

Ashallond Guest
    I'd be glad to help you with techniques (as in how do I do a projection, or etc.) but I'd do it not using jaygills' numbers.

I actually need to make a few more puzzle caches, just to play with a few people around here.

Re: Tips on JayGill's puzzle caches?

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyArkfam
    Hi all. We are newbies, started geocaching at spring break this year, and are having a blast.

I wonder if someone could do a tutorial--online or at an event sometime on solving JayGill's puzzle caches. They look interesting but I do not have a clue.

We are hoping to make the Russellville event next Sat, btw.

Cache on.
    Sunny Arkfam
    Hello and welcome to geocaching. I live near Ft.Smith and it is always good to see new cachers out there. Eventually means more people hiding as well.
    I have done most of Jay's puzzle caches. Some are relative easy and some were really hair pulling , nail biting ones.
    But I think you should contact him for help with them
    Good luck and happy caching.

clk103197 Guest

Newbie from Van Buren

Hello all. I am new to all this and just learning the jargon but I can't wait to get out there and do this!
    I look forward to meeting everyone!

edieo Guest
    Welcome to the game ..Its alot of fun!!!!

Welcome to the Arkansas geocaching community. We're all here to help answer your questions and provide fellowship when we meet you.

Welcome

Like to extend a welcome to clk103197, glad to have some new blood in the area. If I can ever help with anything drop a line. Looking forward to meeting up with you on the trails sometime.
    jim white