Thread: Geowoodstock

Geowoodstock

Is anyone going??
    We made the decision to go for it, and this week while I have been here at home with our daughter after her surgery, I have been making travel plans, we are planning on getting to the area on the Friday before the event and going for the APE cache near there, and staying in Issaquah WA which is just about 30 miles from Remlinger Farms where Geowoodstock will be held..
    It is a long way, but we plan on taking a week long journey coming back and adding a bunch of states to our finds list.

Got room in the trunk? I promise to be quiet and not disturb anyone and only knock for you to stop if I REALLY, REALLY gotta-go-bathroom.

All kidding aside I would love to go. I don't know if I could take off long enough to drive, or afford it for that matter, but I have considered an airplane ticket that way...

We looked at the plane thing too, renting a car and driving up and then flying back, but it got really expensive, so we are going to drive like crazy getting there and then caching at a slower pace coming back..

at home with our daughter after her surgery,
    Daughter? Surgery? She O.K.?
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

Yes she is home now, will have to take off a couple of weeks but everything went OK and she just has to get over the soreness now, we are not going to be able to make the Eldorado trip this weekend, but should be back on the trails soon..

Praying she heals quickly and throughly.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

I've thought about it too. Flying to Seattle is pretty easy. I went to Whistler, BC in 1999. Rented a car in Seattle and drove up the coast into Canada. Ranier was covered in clouds on the ride home, so I couldn't see the peak, but surprise! When the plane went through the clouds, there stood the peak above the cotton. Amazing. I'd love to go back. My problem is that I've got a MO turkey hunt in April, a KS turkey hunt in May, a Vegas bachelor party in June, a Wyoming pronghorn hunt in September. Would be quite the traveller, huh?

I've been doing some sweet-talking to my wife, and she's hip to setting off on an Alaskan cruise following GW. Only she doesn't know...

http://www.geocachingjourneys.com/