Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logging of finds??????

astrodav Guest

Re: Found my own cache today

Quote Originally Posted by cachemates
    Today while checking on some of my old caches I found one of my caches that had been washed away ....... The contents were dry and in good shape due to the unbeatable ammo can ....... Do I get to log it?
    Just let me adopt it, then you can legally claim a find for it, & nobody can say nuthin'. Of course that will mean I own the ammo box after that, but isn't that a small price to pay for a smiley?

P.S. Don't laugh at the idea. It's better than spending 7,200 $$$ on a couple of plastic tubes, like someone did at Paris a month or so back.

I am SO naive. When I first heard this rumor, I was stunned. Now, IRBH is saying there are two of you? Are you kidding me? Both here in Russellville? This kind of behavior makes me ashamed, and I didn't even do anything wrong. Heck, I got real nervous the first time I logged multiple finds for temporary caches under the same GC#. (But...but...that just don't sound right.) The second time I did it, I felt guilty enough to at least go and find the real cache that all the temps were being logged under.

From reading this thread, I suppose I'm not without blemish, but it was a case like Clark (W.Griswold)...at least I appreciated the irony of the situation. And I've found other folks caches again, just for giggles. I didn't sign the log (although I could have as a way a "just saying hello"), and I didn't claim a find. Just recently, I checked on a cache I had found previously, but I couldn't find it this time, so I told the CO, who confirmed that, yes, dummy, it is still there. How embarrassing. Should I log a DNF?

I hope I don't find out who #2 is, because I don't like thinking less of a person.

Ashallond Guest

Quote Originally Posted by astrodav

P.S. Don't laugh at the idea. It's better than spending 7,200 $$$ on a couple of plastic tubes, like someone did at Paris a month or so back.
    Hey! I resemble that remark.

I'm debating...put that tube out, or keep it locked up in a bank vault...It's worth cash money ya know....

astrodav Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ashallond
    Quote Originally Posted by astrodav

Hey! I resemble that remark.

I'm debating...put that tube out, or keep it locked up in a bank vault...It's worth cash money ya know....

I'll give you 20 cents for it. You going to Ouachita this weekend??

P.S. I'll throw in a nickle extra to help you out with the extra gas it takes to tote that big tube around. That'll make it an easy & even quarter.

Please, either post a picture of that fantastic tube, or send me a link to a new cache. I simply must experience it!

specialteacher Guest
    I think I will donate a few more for this weekend. I see that these are great prizes. LOL I wonder who else might pay $7,000 for 2 of these???????????????

Please, post a pic (if that is possible). Or send me an attachment at captaincooder@yahoo.com. Forgive my impatience, but I simply must see this wonderful thing. And I've got a wad of Benjamin Franklins burning a hole in my overalls pocket!

I was at the table that bought the high dollar tubes. In fact I have one and I value it at $3600. I haven't found a worthy place to hide it yet.
    Special Teacher gave me a couple more while we were at the Harbor Happening event. Guess I will have to get busy and get them hide.

astrodav Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincooder
    Please, post a pic (if that is possible). Or send me an attachment at captaincooder@yahoo.com. Forgive my impatience, but I simply must see this wonderful thing. And I've got a wad of Benjamin Franklins burning a hole in my overalls pocket!
    I'll post a picture in a bit for ya, if no one else beats me to it. I have some very similar to the ones which sold for mucho-$$$'s ..... but I found mine on the side of the road somewhere between Paris & Dardanelle.

Ashallond Guest
    side of the road?

You were wearing gloves and had them seriously sterilized......right?