Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Trails

I have to stand behind QC on this matter. If you throw it out on the web, it should stick. Nothing written by another person should be deleted without their full knowledge and permission unless it stands outside of the law or general ethics. There was nothing lewd or vulgar stated in that message.

Another person does not have the rights to censor because they do not agree with the information. It is my opinion that what was done was inappropriate and illegal. I, also, believe that there have been better men than any of us (including my brother) that have given their lives to make sure we have the right to free speech. That freedom of speech gives me the right to have an opinion and to express said opinion freely and without censorship

Thank you for allowing me this forum to express my opinions.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

mountainborn Guest
    Well, like I said in another thread:
    When someone is anonymous, and autonomous, and, they get all "full of them selves" and begin to establish a "tougher standard" that may be applied to some, but not everyone.
    It is a violation of a simple, basic human right, one of equality.
    Then, the only avenue of recourse is the "court of public opinion".

I guess that's about where we are at now.
    Hello court of public opinion !

I suggest to LOCK this thread.
    My reasons are simple that the longer this thread is allowed to go on it will become more angry, turning malicious.
    I am not suggesting to LOCK this thread to censor in anyway, just have a cooling off period at the least.
    Tempers are starting to rise and everyone may become ever more frustrated and the possibility for malicious post will increase.

I don't like the tone in which this thread is heading and my fear is that it is only going to escalate if it is not put in check.

Please think before you post on this thread.

Ar-Hick
    Mike
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Is not locking the thread further censorship?
    Rod Schmidt

Regardless of who decided to remove the post, it should have remained for reference.. I'll bet the "message" has been received. Probably not worth "beating the horse" anymore?!? 2 cents worth..

Your ArkGeo Board of Directors are very aware that this is a very passionate subject and we encourage open debate. The thread is not locked and will not be locked as long as the posts adhere to the "Forum Posting Guideline" that each member agreed to when they registered as an ArkGeo member. If it has been awhile since you read the guidelines, we encourage you to revisit them HERE.

Please remember that this is an open forum and be respectful with your posts. State your position and give examples of why an idea or action is good or bad, but general attacks on a person will not be tolerated.

The idea of censorship and the deletion of post is a subject that your ArkGeo Board of Directors is currently addressing. As stated earlier, we encourage open debate and will work to set up guidelines to ensure that censorship will never be an issue.

We appreciate everyone's help in maintaining a forum that is both informative and open.

TheRascals Guest
    I would agree with SJ. Beating the horse any more will not do any good. If there is a problem lets figure out a way to correct it and move forward.

Have had a few folks call me today - they have agreed to not go any farther with this...
    Rod Schmidt

Dentful1 Guest
    I have not been on in a while, got a new hobby. But when there was a post about "another player" getting mad and starting his own caching website I knew immediately who that was referring to. This subject confirms what I have heard from many cachers about our reviewer. I know and fully understand that our reviewer is a volunteer but there has to be some breathing room for this state.

As a voting member of this great organization I call for a vote of no confidence of our states reviewer and present this to groundspeak. WAY TOO MUCH POWER.

cachemates Guest
    The last time I checked woodwalker9 is the current President of Arkgeo who I have complete confidence in.