Thread: How y'all doing in the storm?

Ashallond Guest

How y'all doing in the storm?

Fort Smith is pushing 6-7 inches (I don't care what the TV says...that's what my ruler says) of snow, almost no ice under it.

Just seeing how everyone's doing.

Arkienana Guest
    I just measured 5 inches on my patio table top but Ithink it's deeper than that out in the yard. (Not going there to find out) I'm in Beaver Shores outside of Rogers.

I went out at 9:30 PM tonight and took a nice walk through my neighborhood here in Russellville, walking for a little over a mile. Really enjoyable, with the snow coming down and the peacefulness of the night. I measured about 4 inches accumulation, although there wasn't quite that much on the street itself.

Happy snow day to all! Enjoy it while it lasts!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I am actually about to head out to take some pictures in about 30 minutes and I think I may grab a cache or two while I'm out.

I heard rumors of a storm. Still waiting. Only got about 5 or 6 inches. Remembering back to my youth, they wouldn't even have started up the snowplows for this.

It's pretty though.

pshelto Guest

Snow

Here in the Rock, we have a nice base layer of ice with some snow on top. I wouldn't say we got more than a half inch of white stuff (either sleet or snow). The roads look like they're melting, although that won't keep the idiots from being stupid on it.

Ashallond Guest
    Roads in FS are starting to clear out. If the base slush drains out, then many roads may not even be frozen overnight. I did get my 2 year old out in the snow and wife and I got some really pretty pictures of her playing in the snow.

grzz51 Guest
    Over here in Helena we got some freezing mist that broke a few limbs but nothing very bad. A few localized power outages happened but were fixed pretty Quick. All in all, I'd say we missed the bullet. With the wind it was rather cold last nite. Had to go down to the Wild Hog Saloon to baby-sit the building for a rental we had. Was glad to get home at 2am