Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searcy here we come!

Searcy here we come!

The kids are off school the rest of the week, so we are going to make a cache run to the Searcy, Jacksonville, North Little Rock area. We are leaving Thursday morning (may to have bribe them with donuts to get them up early) and coming back Friday.

Any recommendations for caches we definitely want to hit or some we might want to skip. Where's a good place to eat supper in Jacksonville or Cabot.

Thanks, Clark
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Phantom_491 Guest

Jacksonville trip

The 'New China' Resteraunt is great. Big buffett. Main St exit off 67/167.

Woodwalker has several good ones in Searcy. Definately hit 'Muggles Box', and if it's still up 'Tricked or Treat Night Cache' in Jacksonville. I am also partial to my cache 'Phantom's Haunt'. If you do that one after 630PM I should be around (Look for a white Jeep Cache-o-kee).

If you make it down to Lonoke, Ladyengineer has a couple good ones down there too.

Geoark1 Guest
    There are a few in the City of Cabot, all in downtown of it. Place to eat there, NOT, we have lived here for 30+ years and can say that about out little city but don't let anyone else say that.

Be sure to do all or as many of Woodwalker's as you can, White County has a good population of caches in and around Searcy. Probably all of them can be found within a 15 to 20 mile radius of Searcy. If you like Good catfish, Huckleberries at Exit 44, turn right off the ramp, then turn right at the STOP sign and drive til you see the car lot with a fountain pool. Pull in and park.

Jacksonville has a good cache of caches.

geoark1

Our personal favorites in Searcy:

Pinky's Park
    Spring Time
    Skyline View
    These are part of the "Around Town" series if you do them all, they have a mystery cache attached that has a lot of good stuff in it.

and What's the Score? (Spectacular!)

Jacksonville: Muggles' Box is a biggie
    but don't leave out our JJR #1 I've fallen and I Can't Get Up! Quick find -

Enjoy - topkitty98

Food: New China in Jacksonville,
    Chicken Country or Crooked Hook both have fish, Chicken Ctry also has good veggies.

And don't forget in Cabot, Southern Cross. That area was very moving to us.

tk

LadyEngineer Guest

Cabot

Geoark1 is right, food in Cabot is very limited unless you like BBQ. In that case don't miss out on Mean Pig BBQ on Hwy 321 just east of 67/167 at exit 16.

Muggles Box in Jacksonville is a good one
    JJR #1 I've fallen and I Can't Get Up! is a quick find but you have to be very careful of muggles in that area.

I've heard alot of great things about All of Woodwalker9's in Searcy.

If you have time and want to take a little longer drive. Stuttgart is just 45 minutes SE of Lonoke and the Grand Prairie Musuem is there. It's a multi that you can count three times and it has a musuem to tour while there. See Woodwalker9's post about it in this forum. Have a good caching trip.

It's great to see that you are planning a trip to this area. There are some great caches around Cabot, Jacksonville, Sherwood, and Lonoke as well as a few, what I believe to be good ones around Searcy. Anything by LE, Phantom, bebopishere, and topkitty98 are all worth the effort, plus others in and around the Cabot area. If you have the time, definitely do the Grand Prairie Museum in Stuttgart. It is just outstanding. And for a very devious hide, check out topkitty's Namesakes are Forever. She is one evil person.

If you are in Searcy around meal time, we have about anything anyone could possible want. Dixie Cafe, Colton's Steak House, Ryan's, several Mexican restaurants, several Chinese restaurants, and of course, all the ever popular fast food places.

I hope that you enjoy your stay in this area and if I can be of assistance in any way, please don't hesitate to let me know. My cell # is 501-827-0087. Above all, be safe, have fun, and happy caching.

We're Back!!

Had a great time and managed 41 Finds with only 3 DNFs. Also grabbed 10 Locationless for a total of 51. Would have had 4 more Locationless, except Geoark1 beat us to them

We operated as a well-oiled caching machine. Ellen drove, I navigated, and the kids argued about who's turn it was to carry the goody bag Audrey kept track of the caches in her handy-dandy notebook. Rusty helped with backseat driving.

We got every cache in Searcy except the two that appear to be abandoned. What's the Score was definitely the best. A unique cache that we will have to steal, I mean borrow. The Spring Time series was also great. Meant to grab Phantam's Haunt, but we were on the wrong side of the intertate and couldn't find a way over until we were too far away. We also skipped the night cache because we were afraid it would be too wet in the dark. Spent the night near McCain mall and hunted Sherwood, NLR and LR the next day.

Looks like the area was hit hard by the recent rain. I think every cache we found along a river, creek or ditch was exposed. We made sure to hide them better than we found them.

Thanks to the local cachers for making the trip so much fun. Hope to see you all caching in Russellville/Clarksville soon.

Clark
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

MrsGeoark Guest
    Glad to hear, Griswolds, that you had a great trip to Central Arkansas. One of your locationless caches was the location of my first boy/girl date way back in yonder years, so far yonder that I can't remember what we saw. Thirty four years ago, I can't even remember whether Mr Geoark and I went there or not.
    MrsGeoark

I can not wait to make a trip to central arkansas.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!