Thread: Nanos and Micros

Mowzors Guest

Nanos and Micros

We are thinking about putting out a nano or micro cache in the near future. Does anyone have any suggestions on types of containers to use and places around here to obtain these (stores, websites, etc...)? I've heard that certain medical containers and magnetic key holders work pretty well. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1367 for the most versatile, water-proof container available (of course only in my opinion).

I have requested my local Walgreens store to save film containers and they have.

I have bought magnetic NANO caches off of eBay.

I have also bought magnetic NANO caches from http://www.crazycaches.com/nano-caches-c-17.html and received good service here.

Should be a complete list to at least get you started.

If you want to shop locally and make your own there are many watertight containers and Neodymium (Rare Earth) magnets available at Hobby Lobby stores.

Watch out though, placing them can be as addicting as finding them, especially when you get caught up in reading the great logs from certain geocachers.

pshelto Guest

I second that

I second Arkfiremedic on the addiction. I, unfortunately, get caught up many times on putting out caches and don't always make sure they are waterproof. I do so because it's just so addicting and a great log from cachers makes it all worth it.

I know a guy who uses some nice single contact lens cases with magnets and those seem to work really well for him. =)

As far as placing them goes, I would suggest somewhere that it truly needs to be small. No offense to people out there who do it, but the nanos and micros placed in the middle of the woods are a bit crazy. If you have such a good spot in the woods, there needs to be a big cache.

Just my $0.02

How could I forget the contact lens and Earth magnets? 1/2" Earth magnet secured with epoxy to the inside of a contact lens case works well. Although a great idea, I cannot claim it as my own. I fell in love with it when I found my first one on a fire hydrant of cfd29's in Clarksville. Since then I have put over a dozen out on fire hydrants all over L.A. (lower Arkansas) on the F.D. Series of caches I have.

grzz51 Guest
    Check with LuckyoneinAR....... she has a wicked nano in Village Creek State Park near Wynne GC19XD4 If you seen my pic, you know where my hair went

Mowzors Guest
    Well, that is definitely a lot of helpful information. Thanks, everyone! I appreciate all of the replies. This will give us more options when we're deciding on what type of cache to put out. We can't wait to try some of these out.

Quote Originally Posted by arkfiremedic
    How could I forget the contact lens and Earth magnets? 1/2" Earth magnet secured with epoxy to the inside of a contact lens case works well. Although a great idea, I cannot claim it as my own. I fell in love with it when I found my first one on a fire hydrant of cfd29's in Clarksville. Since then I have put over a dozen out on fire hydrants all over L.A. (lower Arkansas) on the F.D. Series of caches I have.
    yup i dont lo0k at fire hydrants the same way as i did in the past each fire hydrants i see i think there g0es a cache's