Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Challenge Caches

Ashallond Guest

Challenge Caches

Besides the Delorme, county, state park, and Calliope's Challenge, what challenge caches do you know of physically in the state of Arkansas?

I'm planning to add a few more that I have seen in other states on my travels, but want to make a statewide challenge cache bookmark list.

And yes, I've talked with Groundspeak and Chuck Walla about them, and the ones that will be added are valid and won't contain ALR's.

Anyway, any that you know of, post em here.

Razorback Challege GC1H6V7 and Arkansas is one of the ten states in the The Great River Road Challenge GC1CZ9H. These are the only other two I can readily think of.

redink Guest

Challenge cache

I have hidden one challenge cache. GC1TTQ3

A couple of the required caches are supposedly goners.

I was thinking about archiving it and relisting as a traditional
    but have since decided against it. I posted a note on it tonight
    askings cachers to fulfill what caches are still there and then complete the
    the challenge.

I hope this helps.
    Ron aka Red Ink

ps
    I believe a fellow cacher has one in the works where you will
    have to find 100 multi's before logging his challenge. It will be a long time coming before I reach that milestone.

Ashallond Guest
    Yeah, I'm about a fifth of the way there, but I have seen the 'Century of (insert cache type)'

I always forget about that one of yours, mainly cause half of the caches you list are just ebil. EBIL I SAY!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is an "ALR?" And where can I find information on Calliope's Challenge?

astrodav Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincooder
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is an "ALR?" And where can I find information on Calliope's Challenge?
    Additional Logging Requirement

When you see something like, "If you dont stand on your head, balance the ammo can on your toes, hang your GPS from your left ear, whistle Dixie, & have your caching partner take a picture of you doing this ....... then your log will be deleted".

That's an ALR. They are basically against the rules now. You can REQUEST that a finder do something, preferably simple. But you can't delete their find-log if they don't feel like it.....which is a good thing. Some of the ALR's that are still in cache descriptions made long ago are pretty odd.

Geocaching doesn't need that type thing to be an enjoyable sport. The hunt & the find is what a hider should strive to make really fun. In doing this, there is no need to add an ALR to it.

There are some instances where ALR's are still allowed however. EarthCaches of course usually require you to post a picture and/or answer some questions. Some challenge cache, such as GingerRose's new ones in Hot Springs, require you to reach a certain goal before you can log them.

That's fine & adds to the fun. But as a general rule, ALR's on traditional caches are a thing of the past. You CAN request, but you CAN'T delete if it doesn't happen.

Ah, gotcha. We had talked about that a couple of weeks ago, just didn't know it had a name...

Ashallond Guest
    Gingerose has put a TON of challenge caches down in the Hot Springs area, which I think some of them may get my attention during spring break.

Also, I foresee a few Busy Days for various people here in Arkansas soon.

Yeah, I saw those too, but I'm not looking forward to creating a bunch of arbritrary bookmark lists. I mean, anyone with a sizeable number of finds has a hundred of this and a hundred of that. The challenge is the busy work required to make the bookmarks! Then what, destroy the bookmarks to de-clutter? Sounds like a "yeah, I'll get to that tomorrow" that never really gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincooder
    caption cooder here is the information.

The number for Calliope's Challenge is GC1JHBT
    THis is a cache that I have adopted and the requirements are still as they were set up by the orginal owner.

If you have questions let me know.