Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance of ParkCaches

drmo913 Guest
    Awesome!

I have been notified by two different people that the ParkCache at Marks' Mill State Park (GC1DR1Y) appears to be missing. The ArkGeo maintenance volunteer for this park has notified me that he can no longer take care of this one. Is there someone in central or SE AR that would be willing to visit the park and check on it? And replace it if it is missing? (And if you are willing to become the volunteer for the maintenance of that cache, that would be appreciated! But I am only requesting a one-time maintenance job at this time.)

If you can visit this cache and fix it, please let me know by email at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com. If you don't have or remember the code to put inside it, for the Grand Finale of the ParkCache series, let me know and I can provide that to you. Thanks!

ORR
    Last edited by OldRiverRunner; 06-22-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Another cache that appears to be missing is Crater of Diamonds ParkCache (GC1CPW1). The cacher who contacted me said he tried a phone a friend to confirm the location, and also the parks people thought they had been in the right spot.

The cachers listed as the primary and backup ArkGeo maintenance volunteer for this cache have not responded to me about whether they are willing to continue to serve as volunteers. I think the backup no longer cachers, and I don't know about the primary. Therefore, is there someone in SW AR or the Hot Springs area that would be willing to visit the park and check on it? And replace it if it is missing? (And if you are willing to become the volunteer for the maintenance of that cache, that would be appreciated! But I am only requesting a one-time maintenance job at this time.)

If you can visit this cache and fix it, please let me know by email at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com. If you don't have or remember the code to put inside it, for the Grand Finale of the ParkCache series, let me know and I can provide that to you. Thanks!

ORR

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

If no one can check on Marks' Mill soon, we could do it, but it will be a few weeks before we can get down there. We are tied up with the CITO in Ft. Smith this weekend and then are out of town for vacation and GeoWoodstock for a couple of weekends. Would hate to leave a state park cache disabled for that long, but if no one else is able to, we will get to it as soon as we can.

I really like this thread, it's very helpful. If any up this way(NWA Area) need help let me know. My email is Adam.Schoenwald@Yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by St. Rock View Post
    If no one can check on Marks' Mill soon, we could do it, but it will be a few weeks before we can get down there. We are tied up with the CITO in Ft. Smith this weekend and then are out of town for vacation and GeoWoodstock for a couple of weekends. Would hate to leave a state park cache disabled for that long, but if no one else is able to, we will get to it as soon as we can.
    Thanks for the offer. But I don't think we should leave this one unfixed for that long. If no one else steps forward, maybe we will have to. Isn't there anyone else out there that could help? Someone from south or southeast AR?

Nanaandpapaw have contacted me and they will be taking care of replacing the Crater of Diamonds ParkCache. THANK YOU!

Thank you, ORR, for coordinating this mutual project with Arkansas State Parks and to all our volunteer cachers who help the parks maintain the hides. This is an amazing challenge to complete. We are so incredibly blessed to have beautiful, diverse state parks that are almost entirely free to visit anytime we desire. As we visited each park we learned more about our state. It was an amazing adventure to travel to all 52 parks and such an accomplishment to finally pick-up our well earned coin.

Thank you to all who contribute to the Arkansas State Park Challenge, RBG

I have just started the parks, of the three I have been to (Hobbs, Withrow Springs, and Prairie Grove Battlefield) I have clean the trash out and all look okay. I have opened the door of communication at the parks and all of them have my name, email and phone number. They all seemed quite pleased to talk geocaching. Will be Hitting up Devils Den and Lake Fort Smith in a few days.

OR-NPL191 have contacted me and they have replaced the Marks' Mill ParkCache. THANK YOU!