Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance of ParkCaches

Thanks, ORR!

The volunteer for Hobbs State Park-Conservation Area just notified me that he had to resign. If anyone else is willing to pick this one up, please contact me by email at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com.

Also, we are still needing volunteers for the following parks:

• Bull Shoals White River State Park
      Conway Cemetery State Park
      Crowley's Ridge State Park
      Hampson Archeological Museum State Park
      Herman Davis State Park
      Jacksonport State Park
      Lake Frierson State Park

Please contact me if you are willing to be a volunteer.

Old River Runner
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

The volunteer for Hobbs State Park-Conservation Area recently had to resign. I would appreciate it if someone in the NWA area would step forward and volunteer to help out with this park.

Also, we still need volunteers for the parks listed in the previous post. I know there are several active cachers in the NE Arkansas area, so if you could help out, that would be appreciated.

If you are interested, or just want to learn more about what it entails, send me an email at
    oldriverrunner@hotmail.com and I will be happy to provide you with the information and direction provided to the other volunteers, so that you can make an informed decision. Actually, it doesn't involve much, other than checking on the cache periodically and helping the park staff out with placement, container, and any issues that arise with the cache. Pretty much treating it the same as if it were your own cache. Thanks.

Old River Runner
    Last edited by OldRiverRunner; 03-01-2011 at 08:20 AM.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

A big THANK YOU to pshelto for volunteering for Conway Cemetery State Park and to Nicodemus3 for volunteering to serve as backup for Prairie Grove State Park!

Any other volunteers out there???

Here's an update on the ParkCache Maintenance program.

First, I want to let everyone know about some great service provided by two members of ArkGeo, Ashallond and jffok, on one of the ParkCaches this past weekend. Ashallond, jffok, and secondgunman (not an ArkGeo member, but should be! Hint! Hint!) were doing a ParkCache run in the northeastern part of the state and stopped by the Herman Davis ParkCache to replace the clue for The Grand Finale bonus cache. This cache does not currently have a volunteer, so their efforts helped to get the cache back into service. GREAT JOB! Thanks for your service!

Second, I reported at the annual meeting a couple of weeks ago that we still need volunteers for the parks in the northeastern and southwestern parks, as well as the Bull Shoals State Park. I was wrong about the southwestern parks, as we currently have volunteers for all of those parks. And I received an email from Buckshot & MamaLLama that they would volunteer for Bull Shoals. (Many thanks to Coon & Bud for recruiting them!) But we still need volunteers for the following 5 state parks, all in the northeastern quadrant of the state:

• Crowley's Ridge State Park
    • Hampson Archeological Museum State Park
    • Herman Davis State Park
    • Jacksonport State Park
    • Lake Frierson State Park

Please consider volunteering for one of these parks if you live somewhere near them or travel into those areas frequently and could handle maintenance on those caches. See this link for a complete list of the current ParkCache volunteers.

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to say that we are so happy to take on the maintenance of the Bull Shoals White River Parkcache. We have been out to check on it and glad to say that it is in better condition than when we found it last summer. We have an appt. to meet with the park super when he gets back in town next week. Wish we lived closer to some of the others that need help especially our namesake park Crowley's Ridge. Alas, it is not so.
    BsML

Just want to say a big thanks for stepping up and taking Bull Shoals on!!

Ashallond Guest
    Bull Shoals right now is on top of list of favorites.

Mainly because the fog rolled in on the river after a massive thunderstorm and the cold blasts from the nearby spring were just...awesome.

Ammo can and swag to find - $20.00..... Full tank of fuel to get there - $70.00..... Mother Nature adding her two cents - Priceless!

Wish I could take the credit, but I will work to keep it a great experience for all to future seekers.

ORR-- A couple of weeks ago Secondgunman and I replaced the Hobbs State Park Conservation Area cache. The area where it was had burned. For now it is okay and hopefully someone will volunteer for maintaincee on it soon.