Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance of ParkCaches

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkienana
    Well, since we just found the one at Hobbs State Park, I know where it is I will volunteer to watch that one. How often does it need checking?
    This is a post from the Northwest Arkansas cachers forum that I figured needed to be posted here. Glad to see we are getting participation from there.
    I would love to get them involved, but I will need more information than a website logon name to get them signed up. Please have them send me an email with their real name, geocaching name, and email address. Thanks. -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Ashallond Guest
    I posted the original note over there about looking to help since I had a hunch they could help with Hobbs, Prairie Grove and that other one near Hobbs I haven't done yet. I'll send a note for arkienana to contact you.

I've drafted some general guidelines for the ParkCache maintenance program and forwarded them to Joe Jacobs at the Arkansas State Parks for review and comment. The ArkGeo Board also has a copy for review and comment. I have scheduled a phone call with Joe for Monday (Jan. 25) to go over them. I hope to get this information distributed to all the volunteers soon thereafter, and post a link to the guidelines on this forum thread.

For your information, we now have 27 parks with volunteers! Thanks to all who have volunteered your service! That leaves 25 state parks without volunteers, so there's still plenty of opportunity to serve your state and your hobby.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

astrodav Guest
    All the close ones are spoken for....both positions on each. But I visit the VA at the Rock at least twice a month, sometimes every week. Pinnacle has both of them filled, but Plantation & Toltec don't.

I can be a back-up on those 2 if needed, or at least until another local volunteers.

Flannelman, we would be glad to take Lake Ouachita State Park since you have volunteered for another location... Just let us know?
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

flannelman Guest
    Either way is fine with me. I think QC has LOSP and I was going to be a backup. If you want it then go for it!

grzz51 Guest
    Old River Runner, what's the latest on the ParkCache status?

flannelman Guest
    Kinda wonderin bout that myself.

I contacted Joe Jacobs a few weeks back and he had not yet looked at the draft guidelines, nor gotten the approval of the Parks Director. Since it was the second time I had asked about the status, I thought I would let it go for a while before I contacted him again. But, frankly , time has slipped up on me. So I will send him an email tonight and see if he has made any progress. Thanks for asking, though!

By the way, we still need lots of volunteers. There are a total of 23 parks which don't have primary volunteers (2 have a backup volunteer). Of these 23 parks, 10 are in the northeast quadrant of the state, 4 are in the southeast quadrant, and the remaining 9 are in the southwest quadrant. So if you are a geocacher living in any of those areas, please consider volunteering for at least one of the parks. Your help is needed!

For the current list of parks without volunteers, go to this document.

Old River Runner

TheRascals Guest
    By the way, we still need lots of volunteers. There are a total of 23 parks which don't have primary volunteers (2 have a backup volunteer). Of these 23 parks, 10 are in the northeast quadrant of the state, 4 are in the southeast quadrant, and the remaining 9 are in the southwest quadrant. So if you are a geocacher living in any of those areas, please consider volunteering for at least one of the parks. Your help is needed!

I did not see Old Washington on the list but I can take that one too.