Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance of ParkCaches

Just went to Devil's Den today, the cache there was in good shape

I have now officially been to all the "NWA" Region State Parks, cleaned them of trash swag, and replaced and repaired where necessary, if you need me as a standby on any of these cache locations, fill free to let me know. I have them on my watch list, so now if I see they need love and attention I can address the issue if your assigned personnel can't do it.

Thank you for all your GREAT help on these caches!!!
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

I received a message today from a cacher that visited both White Oak Lake ParkCache and Poison Spring ParkCache recently. Both caches were recently maintained, but the cacher reported that neither of them had the park clue in them.

I don't know if the clues were written inside the log book or inadvertently left out, but if the last person to perform maintenance on the caches can verify it would be most appreciated.

--Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Razz007 View Post
    I received a message today from a cacher that visited both White Oak Lake ParkCache and Poison Spring ParkCache recently. Both caches were recently maintained, but the cacher reported that neither of them had the park clue in them.

I don't know if the clues were written inside the log book or inadvertently left out, but if the last person to perform maintenance on the caches can verify it would be most appreciated.

--Razz
    Thanks for letting me know about this. I have contacted the geocaching account for White Oak Lake State Park, under which the maintenance notes were logged on 03/05/17, to see if they could put the clues in the caches if they were not in there already.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

In case you're wondering about who is the ArkGeo ParkCache Maintenance Volunteer for White Oak Lake and Poison Spring SPs, the short answer is "no one." We've not had a volunteer for Poison Spring for a long time (if ever) and the volunteer listed for White Oak Lake contacted me last Summer to take their name off the list for that park. I have just be way behind in updating the list. So ... if anyone wants to step forward and agree to watch over either or both of these parks, or any of the others not showing a volunteer, please send me an email. (I prefer that rather than posting the request here so if I have any followup questions, we can handle those in private.)

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Carolyn and I can take Lower White River. We, literally, live two left and one right turn away from it.

Let me know yes or no.
    "When life gives you hands...make handmade!"

Quote Originally Posted by ABJCM View Post
    Carolyn and I can take Lower White River. We, literally, live two left and one right turn away from it.

Let me know yes or no.
    YES! We would be happy to have you help! I've sent you an email.

HELP!

The Louisiana Purchase ParkCache (GC1C7CN) has not been found since last August and has apparently gone missing. I emailed both the volunteer and the backup for this cache a few weeks ago to ask them to do some much needed maintenance on it and I have not received a reply from either. So I have to assume that they are no longer active or willing to serve as volunteers for this cache. So, is there someone out there who would be willing to visit this cache site and replace the ParkCache? (Don't forget the clues! )

I am just asking for a one-time maintenance job on this one, so don't hold back if you might be willing to do it but don't want to commit to be the volunteer for this one on a continuing basis. However, if you are willing to volunteer to do maintenance on this cache on a continuing basis, I will be happy to put your name on our list of volunteers!

If anyone can take care of this one, and relatively soon, please let me know by posting a reply here or by emailing me at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com.

I wish to thank Flowten for stepping forward and replacing the Louisiana Purchase State Park ParkCache. The cache has been relocated some, hopefully to prevent future loss of it or muggling. Be sure to update the coordinates in your GPSR if you haven't found this one yet and are planning to go after it.

I still need someone to visit the ParkCaches at Poison Springs State Park and White Oak Lake State Park and put the clues in those caches. The caches were replaced in March by WhiteOakSp, which I assume is the account for White Oak State Park. I had emailed them after the caches were replaced, to ask them to put the clues in the caches. I never received a reply. And I was contacted by a recent finder of those caches to ask me for the clues, since they were still missing from the caches. So if someone could PLEASE go by those caches and put the clues in them, it would be much appreciated by me and future finders of those caches. If you replace the clues, please let me know. And I am asking for this to be done as a one time maintenance action, not as a volunteer to maintain the caches on an ongoing basis. However, I still need volunteers for these caches. So if anyone is interested, please let me know.